+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Claudio Gomes

Claudio Gomes

Season long loan.
    Great little player - who reminds me very much of one of the current players that I love to watch - Kante.
    BUT - not the experienced player Schopp wanted - so it’s a bit disappointing on that score..
    In saying that he’s going to make a massive difference to the midfield.

Spent a season at PSV Eindoven so he's played misters football so to speak .

Look any young kid who gets signed by City is an exceptional young player .

If he makes us better then that's all we can ask .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Spent a season at PSV Eindoven so he's played misters football so to speak .

Look any young kid who gets signed by City is an exceptional young player .

If he makes us better then that's all we can ask .
    Which he will.
    BUT - Schopp was wanting someone with experience - an older head who can influence games eg QPR game.
    He hasn’t got that.

Although Gomes will increase the level of energy in midfield and is able to release the ball quickly - so should be a Godsend for quick players like Frieser running in on goal.

Loans don’t do anything me me but I’m a ok with this one.
    Bags of energy as well as a good footballer and did well against us in the preseason friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Which he will.
    BUT - Schopp was wanting someone with experience - an older head who can influence games eg QPR game.
    He hasn’t got that.

Although Gomes will increase the level of energy in midfield and is able to release the ball quickly - so should be a Godsend for quick players like Frieser running in on goal.
    Nudge , the majority of this group finished 5th in the championship last season , if that ain't experience enough then I don't know what is .

I'll say it again , it ain't the inexperience that's costing us points , it's the lack of quality off the bench and playing four in the midfield .

Schopp will go with five in the midfield with the arrival of Gomes in my opinion .

Get the left back in from Wigan and Styles is in the midfield conversation too .

The dynamics of the team will change under Schopp .

Poggy , there wasn't one of those City young lads who played against us in pre season I wouldn't have taken .

The game was a hard watch as a reds fan because some of those young lads ran rings round us .

Glad we got one of em even though I'm the same as you and not a loan fan .

I make exceptions for the young players at City .

First of all let me make it categorically clear , I am not knocking, Gomes, he’s a great young player.
    However I am having a go at Conway and co.
    Wanted LWB signed…..nobody.

Wanted experienced midfielder to hep manage the game signed….. an inexperienced kid.

Best transfer window ever.

Another mess up by the recruitment team.

Our transfer record signing Herbie Kane at £1.25 million goes out on loan to be replaced in midfield by a young lad on a last minute loan from the City Group.

Who will HAVE to play! Which will probably set Palmer’s development back? And if he turns out to be good and manages the Championship well willl go to WBA in January permanently!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast