Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: O/T: Today at the chin.

  1. #1

    O/T: Today at the chin.

    My daughter's team, Dryburgh Athletic Ladies U21, are paying Raith Rovers at Glebe Park, Brechin today at 12:30. Admission free if anyone is local, at a loose end, and fancies some live football. 🙂

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21,125
    Why are the playing Raith in Brechin Terence is it a cup final?.My daughter has been asked to sign for one of the Dryburgh teams i think.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Why are the playing Raith in Brechin Terence is it a cup final?.My daughter has been asked to sign for one of the Dryburgh teams i think.
    No. I think Brechin are looking to create interest in women's football in the area and start more age range/ladies teams so asked Dryburgh to play a home game there (Dryburgh's goalie's Grandad is the groundsman or something I think). The away fixture against RR was at Starks Park so it's pretty good to play this match at a proper stadium (as opposed to Lochee Park). 🙂

    Interesting about your daughter, what position does she play?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    No. I think Brechin are looking to create interest in women's football in the area and start more age range/ladies teams so asked Dryburgh to play a home game there (Dryburgh's goalie's Grandad is the groundsman or something I think). The away fixture against RR was at Starks Park so it's pretty good to play this match at a proper stadium (as opposed to Lochee Park). ��

    Interesting about your daughter, what position does she play?
    She is best as a Butcher/Fuchs type and was to play for the Farmington league team that folded.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    She is best as a Butcher/Fuchs type and was to play for the Farmington league team that folded.
    Nice one, well hopefully she gets in at Dryburgh then.

    I had to leave the match today at half time as my daughter took a bad tackle (the girl got booked for it) and she's now at Ninewells. Landed badly on her shoulder but fingers crossed she'll be alright. Dryburgh were 3-1 up at half time (when we left) and went on to win 4-2.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Landed badly on her shoulder but fingers crossed she'll be alright.
    Broken collar bone. ☹️

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21,125
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Broken collar bone. ☹️
    Jesus phuck mate,sorry to hear that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Broken collar bone. ☹️
    Not good, poor lassie

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Jesus phuck mate,sorry to hear that.
    Yeah it's a bummer, 3 months out. She's to wear a sling for 6 weeks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Broken collar bone. ☹️
    Bad news mate, hope she recovers well 👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •