Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Ashley will axe Bruce

  1. #1

    Ashley will axe Bruce

    Why I think Ashley will swing the axe on Bruce, this is just a hunch, my hot take.

    Bruce was always safe with Ashley as long as he was averaging 1 point per match, average one point per match for a full season is 38pts and likely just escape relegation. If I'm not mistaken Bruce has always managed keep within that 1 point per match , p10 10pts, p18 18pts, p28 28pts etc. etc.

    If Bruce keeps losing and we start to drift away from that 1pt per match, he'll be gone.

    What do you reckon?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,969
    Not convinced. Who else is there? We are on the bottom rung with Bruce and Ashley knows it.

    Would love it to be true but with no player investment does it really matter?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,204
    Not before it's too late if it happens at all.

    Everyone could see McClaren needed to go before Xmas but, no, Charnley and fatso knew better.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    685
    Well we're currently 18th in the table so all Bruce has to do is get us to 17th by the end of the season in Ashley's eyes. I think Bruce's job is safe personally

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Not before it's too late if it happens at all.

    Everyone could see McClaren needed to go before Xmas but, no, Charnley and fatso knew better.
    Plus we could all see that neither McClaren nor Bruce should’ve been anywhere near being appointed in the first place and yet they both were.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43,711
    I like the logic and to a large degree, agree with you.

    However, as others have said. Who else is there, who else will take the job - Bruce wasn't even in the top 5 choices originally I believe.

    Ashley knows that he won't get better unless he wants to take a risk with a young manager but a young manager will want support, which Ashley won't want to give.

    So vicious circle, which ends we all know where.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    Why I think Ashley will swing the axe on Bruce, this is just a hunch, my hot take.

    Bruce was always safe with Ashley as long as he was averaging 1 point per match, average one point per match for a full season is 38pts and likely just escape relegation. If I'm not mistaken Bruce has always managed keep within that 1 point per match , p10 10pts, p18 18pts, p28 28pts etc. etc.

    If Bruce keeps losing and we start to drift away from that 1pt per match, he'll be gone.

    What do you reckon?
    Nero has played his fiddle twice. Why not thrice ?

  8. #8
    I disagree that no one will take the Job, there's a few managers that would take it.

    Keeping Newcastle in the premier league with a budget of around 30m a season shouldn't be an impossible task, there's managers that will take that on, they mightn't be to everyone's liking tho' Howe, Huges, Big Sam, 'Arry Redknnap.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,204
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    I disagree that no one will take the Job, there's a few managers that would take it.

    Keeping Newcastle in the premier league with a budget of around 30m a season shouldn't be an impossible task, there's managers that will take that on, they mightn't be to everyone's liking tho' Howe, Huges, Big Sam, 'Arry Redknnap.
    Whilst this is true, it feels a bit like being told 'no, you mightn't get Covid...but you may well get one of the others floating around like the flu, smallpox or botulism.'

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    17,193
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    I disagree that no one will take the Job, there's a few managers that would take it.

    Keeping Newcastle in the premier league with a budget of around 30m a season shouldn't be an impossible task, there's managers that will take that on, they mightn't be to everyone's liking tho' Howe, Huges, Big Sam, 'Arry Redknnap.
    The BungMeister is too old imo, Howe? perhaps, the Dinosaur (LardMeister), possible.. becareful what you wish for there's a lot of B managers out there looking for a gig!
    Take care now
    John...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •