Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off topic tv uk

Off topic tv uk

Just read that if you want to watch tv in the UK you have to have a licence?WTF even if you watch it via the internet.
    Your country is bonkers I think the people that came up with it should be sent to an island far away never to return.
    Do you guys on here really pay to watch crap tv?
    I really never heard of this anywhere else maybe more countries have it but the first time I have heard of it.
    Thought the BBC was government-owned paid by your taxes as we have similar here called the Abc and SBS.

It was to fund ad free bbc channels - it is under threat though as politicos donít like the BBC

Ireland is similar TV licence, but only if you have a TV... but only that RTE have ads too

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    It was to fund ad free bbc channels - it is under threat though as politicos don’t like the BBC
    Bbc makes money all over the world as most pay-tv providers pay them to have channels on which in turn the customer pays.
    Is it still owned by the government?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Bbc makes money all over the world as most pay-tv providers pay them to have channels on which in turn the customer pays.
    Is it still owned by the government?
    Sure is Oz - the worldwide activities are used as a reason to scrap the fee but anyone over 65 doesnít have to pay

The BBC are the biggest doom and gloom, scaremongering brigade that ever walked the earth, even worse than us lot on here after a Leeds defeat.

Should be renamed " Strictly Come BBC ", as every ruddy programme seems to be infected with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Just read that if you want to watch tv in the UK you have to have a licence?WTF even if you watch it via the internet.
    Your country is bonkers I think the people that came up with it should be sent to an island far away never to return.
    We did that with our criminals a couple of hundtred years ago - sent the ****ers to Austrailia if I remember right....

How do you think they have paid Linaker millions over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    We did that with our criminals a couple of hundtred years ago - sent the ****ers to Austrailia if I remember right....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast