Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Bbc spoty

  1. #1

    Bbc spoty

    Three good reasons to avoid that awful programme, Crispy Big Ears, Clare Balding and the frightful Alex Scott. The wretched programme is long past it’s sell by date in my opinion and is likely to be another opportunity for the BBC to promote its own woke agenda. Is there anyone that actually likes the ‘show’?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,833
    Emma Raducanu has won it anyway so no point in suffering the show.

  3. #3
    Shame it's not Tyson Fury - that would be worth watching!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Three good reasons to avoid that awful programme, Crispy Big Ears, Clare Balding and the frightful Alex Scott. The wretched programme is long past it’s sell by date in my opinion and is likely to be another opportunity for the BBC to promote its own woke agenda. Is there anyone that actually likes the ‘show’?
    I actually don't like this particular program, and I don't understand what is has to do with personality. Let's be honest, they give it to the best achievers. Its a strangely named award to me. I imagine Raducanu will win it and Fury will come in 2nd, so its not like there's any real suspense.

    But, its a real shame the RW press have started this campaign to knock the BBC. This is an institution, something on the world stage we can proud of. I can't see it being around in 5-10 years, mostly thanks to the Daily Mail and the like. Who are literally trashing our country in front of our very eyes. And made people believe the BBC is 'woke', whatever that means.

    And why have the RW press done this? Well, probably because they don't like the thought of a credible and impartial news service, that could highlight how untruthful and misleading they are.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,534
    The day one of these 'personalities' offers to pay the rest of my mortgage and finances my retirement is the day that I will give the very slightest of a flying fk as to whomever proves the most popular.

    They could broadcast it on any number of channels before I'd tune into it, much rather do something more worthwhile and constructive with my time.

    With that in mind I'm off for a dump, I'll then photograph said dump and upload it to 'Rate my Sh it' on Facebook via the social media account I haven't got.... or moan about SPotY on a football forum 😊 .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,833
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I actually don't like this particular program, and I don't understand what is has to do with personality. Let's be honest, they give it to the best achievers. Its a strangely named award to me. I imagine Raducanu will win it and Fury will come in 2nd, so its not like there's any real suspense.

    But, its a real shame the RW press have started this campaign to knock the BBC. This is an institution, something on the world stage we can proud of. I can't see it being around in 5-10 years, mostly thanks to the Daily Mail and the like. Who are literally trashing our country in front of our very eyes. And made people believe the BBC is 'woke', whatever that means.

    And why have the RW press done this? Well, probably because they don't like the thought of a credible and impartial news service, that could highlight how untruthful and misleading they are.

    The BBC are mainly their own enemy rather than trying to bash the written press yet again.

    Saville, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall.

    Cover up after cover up.

    Achingly Left Wing presenters on major programmes.

    Constantly bashing the Tory Party.

    Drowning in a “Woke” agenda and BLM type stuff.

    Nothing “impartial” about this institution at all.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The BBC are mainly their own enemy rather than trying to bash the written press yet again.

    Saville, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall.

    Cover up after cover up.

    Achingly Left Wing presenters on major programmes.

    Constantly bashing the Tory Party.

    Drowning in a “Woke” agenda and BLM type stuff.

    Nothing “impartial” about this institution at all.
    I watch Question Time regularly, I think right wing, pro Brexit, pro Tory audience and panel members make up more than 50% of the program. I've lost count of how often Farage has been a panelist on there.

    I watch Newsnight every now and again, it was infuriating for me to see them put people, particularly Leavers, who had no proper International Trade experience talking about International Trade throughout the EU Referendum and subsequent fall out of the vote.

    My gripe with the BBC, is they sometimes try and be 'too balanced' and as such, misinformation can be spewed. This was particularly true with Brexit, and still is the case with other topics. I don't think they call out this Govt enough for how bad they are, and not because they are biased one way or the other - but in the interests of balance.

    Its incredible people think like you. But many people do, and given the airtime the BBC give to Farage and his ilk, I think that proves how far the BBC strive for impartiality. And I try to understand what is driving your thought process, and I can only come to this conclusion. The DM have a clear campaign against the BBC.

    People on the left think they are too far right, people on the right think they are left. They will never win because of how polarised we are becoming.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,562
    Never even heard of the programme. As for the BBC, I'd abolish their licence and make them fund themselves. Used to respect BBC but no longer. Mostly for the reasons referred to by mickd.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,562
    I realise what the programme is now, 'Sports Personality of the Year'. Didn't recognise it from the initials! Actually, my son attended one a few years ago. Said that it was the most boring waste of time. Had to sit through a run through which was virtually the same as the actual broadcast.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    18,833
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I watch Question Time regularly, I think right wing, pro Brexit, pro Tory audience and panel members make up more than 50% of the program. I've lost count of how often Farage has been a panelist on there.

    I watch Newsnight every now and again, it was infuriating for me to see them put people, particularly Leavers, who had no proper International Trade experience talking about International Trade throughout the EU Referendum and subsequent fall out of the vote.

    My gripe with the BBC, is they sometimes try and be 'too balanced' and as such, misinformation can be spewed. This was particularly true with Brexit, and still is the case with other topics. I don't think they call out this Govt enough for how bad they are, and not because they are biased one way or the other - but in the interests of balance.

    Its incredible people think like you. But many people do, and given the airtime the BBC give to Farage and his ilk, I think that proves how far the BBC strive for impartiality. And I try to understand what is driving your thought process, and I can only come to this conclusion. The DM have a clear campaign against the BBC.

    People on the left think they are too far right, people on the right think they are left. They will never win because of how polarised we are becoming.
    Newsnight’s editor in chief is Lewis Goodhall who’s very much to the loony side of Left.

    You’re talking absolute b o l l o x.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •