Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: FA Cup draw

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,470

    FA Cup draw

    Ball number 14 is the one to look for on Sunday, ITV @ 1pm.
    The question is: what is the other number we're looking for?
    I'll be looking for 60 (drawn 1st) which would mean a short trip for me at
    Stockport. almost as appealing would be 61 Southport or Altrincham and 51 Curzon Ashton.
    49 Wrexham at home would be tasty (return of JJ). Of course Curzon and County would have to win on Saturday first!!
    Away at Pontefract Collieries might be a bit interesting.
    Anyone else got favourites they want to look out for?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Ball number 14 is the one to look for on Sunday, ITV @ 1pm.
    The question is: what is the other number we're looking for?
    I'll be looking for 60 (drawn 1st) which would mean a short trip for me at
    Stockport. almost as appealing would be 61 Southport or Altrincham and 51 Curzon Ashton.
    49 Wrexham at home would be tasty (return of JJ). Of course Curzon and County would have to win on Saturday first!!
    Away at Pontefract Collieries might be a bit interesting.
    Anyone else got favourites they want to look out for?
    We are due an interesting first round game the last few seasons have been a little uninspiring. But we will probably end up away to a top league 1 club. Would love a visit to a non league ground seems a long time since we did that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    762
    Would love an easily winnable tie against a plucky loser in which our fringe players could safely be given a chance to make a case to play!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,470
    However, we've got Swindon at home, currently unbeaten away, scoring 11 goals. Doesn't bode well! We really need a decent FA Cup run to brighten up the season.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    We are due an interesting first round game the last few seasons have been a little uninspiring. But we will probably end up away to a top league 1 club. Would love a visit to a non league ground seems a long time since we did that.
    We had Eastleigh away a couple of years ago and just scraped through after a replay. It was also on telly if I recall correctly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    We had Eastleigh away a couple of years ago and just scraped through after a replay. It was also on telly if I recall correctly.

    Not wanting to be picky but that was a round 2 fixture after we had won 2-0 at Accrington in rd 1 I was just talking about 1st rd fixtures as they tend to get the fans a little more excited than rd 2.

    I think it was 2015-16 season when we did play Eastleigh in the 1st rd at Gresty Rd and that resulted in a 1-0 defeat a dreadful piece of goalkeeping if my memory serves me right giving away a penalty and we were dreadful all afternoon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Not wanting to be picky but that was a round 2 fixture after we had won 2-0 at Accrington in rd 1 I was just talking about 1st rd fixtures as they tend to get the fans a little more excited than rd 2.

    I think it was 2015-16 season when we did play Eastleigh in the 1st rd at Gresty Rd and that resulted in a 1-0 defeat a dreadful piece of goalkeeping if my memory serves me right giving away a penalty and we were dreadful all afternoon.
    Not being picky at all, just correcting my mistake. Ta

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •