Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Artell out !!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    263

    Artell out !!!

    I am going to start this thread I know that there will be a lot of people who disagree and I respect that but I see nothing this season to suggest that Artell and Lunt have any idea who is their best 11 what is their best formation, and that cannot continue. I think we have some very good players in the squad but they need direction and that is what they are not getting. Today we did not look like we had done any work on the opposition we were ineffective in both attack and midfield, and our management team play a LB at RB when we have 2 RB on the bench clueless time for them to go.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,470
    I respect your right to say it how you see it and obviously, for you, there are lots of negatives. My problem is that i don't remember any positive posts from you from the previous 2 seasons, when we were playing relatively well.
    There are times when I can be negative but it does need to be tempered by some positivity, now and then.
    I agree that, at the moment, the management team are making mistakes but they have credit in the bank so personally I cannot support any demand for their sacking. That is not to say that that will always be the case, especially if nothing appears to change.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I respect your right to say it how you see it and obviously, for you, there are lots of negatives. My problem is that i don't remember any positive posts from you from the previous 2 seasons, when we were playing relatively well.
    There are times when I can be negative but it does need to be tempered by some positivity, now and then.
    I agree that, at the moment, the management team are making mistakes but they have credit in the bank so personally I cannot support any demand for their sacking. That is not to say that that will always be the case, especially if nothing appears to change.

    I am a glass half empty man, but have thrown some positivity every now and again. However I can’t find any positivity at the moment the team is regressing and we are nailed on for relegation, we have to many loan players who will leave and we will have massive gaps to fill and during this time are not developing any of our own Travis Johnson for example. The management team seem absolutely clueless and Artell is starting to talk crap. I will try to find some positivity I promise.

  4. #4
    Oh dear me, it's not just the team that react badly to going behind.

    Do we really think that changing the management team will turn things around? It's much more likely that that will result in relegation, who do you suggest replaces DA & KL? Have faith we still have plenty of time in any case.
    Starting with Sunderland on Tuesday...(Gulp!)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,470
    Wouldn't be surprised if we turned out a better performance in the next two games. However we will need to play with a stronger midfield that can stop the ball pressuring our dodgy defence.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if we turned out a better performance in the next two games. However we will need to play with a stronger midfield that can stop the ball pressuring our dodgy defence.

    Surely we can’t be as bad as yesterday ? 4-4-2 against Sunderland on Tuesday if he comes up with the same formation and players we will be ripped a new one

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Surely we can’t be as bad as yesterday ? 4-4-2 against Sunderland on Tuesday if he comes up with the same formation and players we will be ripped a new one

    Richards
    Ramsey
    Daniels
    Thomas
    Adebisi
    Long
    Finney
    Gomez
    Robertson
    Mandaron
    Bennett

  8. #8
    Drop the keeper? He was man of the match yesterday. Could have been 6 or 7 without him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,470
    I think now that most players are back, Artell should start playing a settled side. He needs to decide what his best team is and stick with it for a few games as we're a quarter of the way through the season and we still don't know what our best team is.
    I would go for:
    Jaskelainen
    Ramsey
    Thomas
    Offord
    Adebisi
    Gomes
    Murphy
    Robertson
    Long
    Mandron
    Bennett

    That would be 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 but Long would not be an 'orthodox' winger but would 'tuck in.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I think now that most players are back, Artell should start playing a settled side. He needs to decide what his best team is and stick with it for a few games as we're a quarter of the way through the season and we still don't know what our best team is.
    I would go for:
    Jaskelainen
    Ramsey
    Thomas
    Offord
    Adebisi
    Gomes
    Murphy
    Robertson
    Long
    Mandron
    Bennett

    That would be 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 but Long would not be an 'orthodox' winger but would 'tuck in.
    With respect…always a bad opening. How can you include Gomes after 1 game? And Long same? You may well be correct, but not yet surely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •