Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Mike McCurry - should we be surprised?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,419

    Mike McCurry - should we be surprised?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,750
    Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    No, we shouldn’t be surprised.

    Indeed the latest Dode Fox Podcast has Noel Hunt as the guest and in it he says that he’s now working beside Davie Weir who has admitted in conversations that in THAT game at Ibrox, his taking out of Hunt in the box was a calculated, deliberate 100% professional foul that even he couldn’t believe wasn’t given as a penalty. He goes on to tell Hunt that following that ‘decision’ that collectively they kent that they were going to be allowed to get away with whatever the phuck they wanted on the day. There’s been some bad ones in the past (including the Cup Final just a few weeks before) but that day plumbed new depths - the longer it went on McCurry had stopped bothering even trying to hide it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,602
    Absolute disgrace of a club. But as you've said no we shouldn't be surprised. No wonder they're the most hated club in Scotland.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21,344
    An FN church minister tae!!!.A complete disgrace of a human being.Everything about that club is tainted and the dead club was even worse than their new 2012 version.If any Glasgow Rangers RIP player married a catholic it was the end of their Ibrox career.No poster has ever backed me up on this but their stance on racism only began once Souness started signing anyone who could play regardless of creed or colour.

    I clearly remember the HUNS booing black players during european home ties and a whole bunch of bananas being thrown onto the pitch under the floodlights which was cheered by the scum that support them,FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 16-11-2021 at 05:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    An FN church minister tae!!!.A complete disgrace of a human being.Everything about that club is tainted and the dead club was even worse than their new 2012 version.If any Glasgow Rangers RIP player married a catholic it was the end of their Ibrox career.No poster has ever backed me up on this but their stance on racism only began once Souness started signing anyone who could play regardless of creed or colour.

    I clearly remember the HUNS booing black players during european home ties and a whole bunch of bananas being thrown onto the pitch under the floodlights which was cheered by the scum that support them,FACT.
    Ted McMinn's autobiography is great with insight on that stuff. He was told to break up with his girlfriend because she was catholic (although he said it in a wink wink way). He also talked about the rumours that he was nicknamed 'Ted' because his real name is Kevin and that is apparently a catholic name (I'll be honest, until I read that book I had no idea there were 'catholic' names) and wouldn't go down well at Ibrox

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,602
    I've posted this before but it needs repeating. Jock Wallace told me that he was sitting in the players bar at Ibrox after a match having a drink with a good friend. He said 2 Rangers directors came over, pulled him aside and said his friend would have to leave because he was known to be a Catholic. His friend did leave but Jock said that pretty much finished Rangers for him.

    Vile horrible club and that nothing is done about sectarianism in Scotland is a dark stain on the Scottish game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,427
    Name:  MM.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  82.0 KB

    That's more like it....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,602
    Levein knew we'd been cheated that day at Ibrox (and at Hampden) but stopped just short of using the word cheat. Loved his post match interview.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21,344
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I've posted this before but it needs repeating. Jock Wallace told me that he was sitting in the players bar at Ibrox after a match having a drink with a good friend. He said 2 Rangers directors came over, pulled him aside and said his friend would have to leave because he was known to be a Catholic. His friend did leave but Jock said that pretty much finished Rangers for him.

    Vile horrible club and that nothing is done about sectarianism in Scotland is a dark stain on the Scottish game.
    Even though things have improved in that department since Souness who clearly was never gonna accept the only a protestant rule,directors of the new club who are owed tens of millions fae the Huns will not allow the Cinch sponsorship because they are a rival to their own business interests.
    Its a case of F Scottish football and the other 41 clubs, sponsor deals can only happen if the owners of The Big Hoose are happy with the company involved.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21,344
    Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Ted McMinn's autobiography is great with insight on that stuff. He was told to break up with his girlfriend because she was catholic (although he said it in a wink wink way). He also talked about the rumours that he was nicknamed 'Ted' because his real name is Kevin and that is apparently a catholic name (I'll be honest, until I read that book I had no idea there were 'catholic' names) and wouldn't go down well at Ibrox
    Cheers mate and this song below clearly shows the problem that McMinn had with his christian name,FACT.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4I...el=messalina79

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •