Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Greatest new firm derbies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    390

    Greatest new firm derbies

    Todayís match was tremendous, for the neutral. It has to be said, aberdeen were really unlucky. What are the best new firm derbies you have seen over the years? It would be some atmosphere if you both met ina. Cup final. Maybe this is your year to do that

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,273
    Is the "New Firm" a name you inbreds have dreamed up for Sevco v Selick games?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Is the "New Firm" a name you inbreds have dreamed up for Sevco v Selick games?
    No it still gets called the old firm haha. United v aberdeen will always be the new firm although it could be argued that st Johnstone are a new new firm side now after their cup double!! It would be good to see them accepted into the ďnew firmĒ is there much of a rivalry between aberdeen and saintees?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    No it still gets called the old firm haha. United v aberdeen will always be the new firm although it could be argued that st Johnstone are a new new firm side now after their cup double!! It would be good to see them accepted into the ďnew firmĒ is there much of a rivalry between aberdeen and saintees?
    Iím guessing TB that you are still at school studying for Highers or at University as you write quite well for someone from the Central Belt?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Is the "New Firm" a name you inbreds have dreamed up for Sevco v Selick games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Iím guessing TB that you are still at school studying for Highers or at University as you write quite well for someone from the Central Belt?
    Thanks Shetland I think lol, will take that as a compliment 😁

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    476
    That’s OK,

    The best two players in the Orkney team hail from Shetland don’t they?��

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,273
    Looks like it might be a new firm final in the league up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Todayís match was tremendous, for the neutral. It has to be said, aberdeen were really unlucky. What are the best new firm derbies you have seen over the years? It would be some atmosphere if you both met ina. Cup final. Maybe this is your year to do that
    Yes the New Firm derby is a highlight in every Scottish fanís calendar!

    I was so pleased to see Steven Gerrard get his Managerial career in the premier league off to a winning start , itís a great advert for Scottish football that if you can win a trophy in Scotland you might get chance to manage one of the clubs in the bottom half of the league . Itís a great incentive for any managers considering coming up north but even more so if Steven does well and eventually manages a big club .
    That would be some achievement.
    Last edited by pieandbovrilman; 20-11-2021 at 10:33 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Today’s match was tremendous, for the neutral. It has to be said, aberdeen were really unlucky. What are the best new firm derbies you have seen over the years? It would be some atmosphere if you both met ina. Cup final. Maybe this is your year to do that
    F@ck off you dirty meelie pudding c@nt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Yes the New Firm derby is a highlight in every Scottish fanís calendar!

    I was so pleased to see Steven Gerrard get his Managerial career in the premier league off to a winning start , itís a great advert for Scottish football that if you can win a trophy in Scotland you might get chance to manage one of the clubs in the bottom half of the league . Itís a great incentive for any managers considering coming up north but even more so if Steven does well and eventually manages a big club .
    That would be some achievement.
    Itís a decent wee fixture to watch when the champs are no playing lol. Tomorrowís semi will be a wee bitty better though. Haha

    Yes stevie did well to lift a Scottish title, sellic did look like they would win 10 in a row but he stopped them. He deserves a lot of credit. Loads actually for that as we would never hear the end of it. Obviously villa is just a stepping stone to liverpool. Cant blame him for trying his luck and all the best to him there. GVB is a better manager so itís worked out good, could see us dominating for a while under Giovanni 😎

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •