Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Board Ambition

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    265

    Board Ambition

    It has to be brought into question the ambition of our board who appear to be excepting of rank mediocrity. You see today that Fleetwood a team that has similar resources to ourselves if not a little less, their manager fails to deliver and they act, it has become apparent that they are happy to fail and prepared to support abject failure with impunity. They are happy to take the fans hard earned money and stick two fingers up to them with their arrogant disregard for the fact the club belongs to the fans and not them they are mere custodians. The board need to show that they care and really do want Crewe to be successful and retain their league 1 status, football management is a results business and can you truly say our management team are delivering anything enough is enough.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    I had written a really long message on this topic but the site went and signed me out and I lost the whole thing so I'm copying something from fanhub.
    https://fan-hub.com/content-view/?id...d8a023b&type=1

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    The above reflects much of my perspective even though it applies to another club

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    It has to be brought into question the ambition of our board who appear to be excepting of rank mediocrity. You see today that Fleetwood a team that has similar resources to ourselves if not a little less, their manager fails to deliver and they act, it has become apparent that they are happy to fail and prepared to support abject failure with impunity. They are happy to take the fans hard earned money and stick two fingers up to them with their arrogant disregard for the fact the club belongs to the fans and not them they are mere custodians. The board need to show that they care and really do want Crewe to be successful and retain their league 1 status, football management is a results business and can you truly say our management team are delivering anything enough is enough.
    As a matter of interest, what ambition do you want them to have. Realistically. You mention Fleetwood as having similar resources to us. Really? Didn't they have someone investing significant money into the club? How many managers have they had in the last 5 seasons? And where has this got them? Is that ambition?

    For me, the boards ambition should be to do whatever it needs for us to have a club to support. Bury had ambition and they are now gone. Crewe Alexandra are a League 1/League 2 club and will ever be thus. Partly because the fan base doesn't stack up to anything much higher. I seem to remember rarely filling the ground when we were in the 2nd tier so that says much about the club and its supporters.
    I am not for one minute suggesting that we should be content with the current situation surround the success (or lack of) of the team. However, I have a lot of sympathy with the management team over the summer recruitment. Thew were dealt a bad hand by a few of our players leaving at the last minute on top of the two signing and then deciding they didn't want to play football any more. The nett outcome of that scenario is one Terril Thomas. We were desperate with limited options and he hadn't got a club. Fortunately he s on a one year deal so not too much damage there. Artell's recruitment in previous seasons has been decent at least and many were heralding the signings before this season started so I think we must show some patience and understanding of the situation and recognise we are not Bury or Fleetwood or any other similar club with "ambition"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    As a matter of interest, what ambition do you want them to have. Realistically. You mention Fleetwood as having similar resources to us. Really? Didn't they have someone investing significant money into the club? How many managers have they had in the last 5 seasons? And where has this got them? Is that ambition?

    For me, the boards ambition should be to do whatever it needs for us to have a club to support. Bury had ambition and they are now gone. Crewe Alexandra are a League 1/League 2 club and will ever be thus. Partly because the fan base doesn't stack up to anything much higher. I seem to remember rarely filling the ground when we were in the 2nd tier so that says much about the club and its supporters.
    I am not for one minute suggesting that we should be content with the current situation surround the success (or lack of) of the team. However, I have a lot of sympathy with the management team over the summer recruitment. Thew were dealt a bad hand by a few of our players leaving at the last minute on top of the two signing and then deciding they didn't want to play football any more. The nett outcome of that scenario is one Terril Thomas. We were desperate with limited options and he hadn't got a club. Fortunately he s on a one year deal so not too much damage there. Artell's recruitment in previous seasons has been decent at least and many were heralding the signings before this season started so I think we must show some patience and understanding of the situation and recognise we are not Bury or Fleetwood or any other similar club with "ambition"

    I am a little surprised you stopped at Thomas what about

    Macfazdean (useless defender)
    Gomes Dreadful full stop
    Bennett one trick pony extremely limited quickly sussed out by defenders
    Knight not ready for mens football
    McDonald before his retirement looked absolutely useless

    So my point is the lack of ambition shown by the board to provide such low funds that honest hardworking fans are having to pay to watch such a poor standard of football. It is of great credit to Crewe that the best players in the current first team are mainly academy graduates.

    On a plus point also Robertson and Ramsey were decent loan additions however I would rather see Travis Johnson at Right Back when he is fit.

    I would prefer seeing our young players in the first team than watching the washed up has been mercenaries the club has been forced to recruit due to under investment in the first team.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I am a little surprised you stopped at Thomas what about

    Macfazdean (useless defender)
    Gomes Dreadful full stop
    Bennett one trick pony extremely limited quickly sussed out by defenders
    Knight not ready for mens football
    McDonald before his retirement looked absolutely useless

    So my point is the lack of ambition shown by the board to provide such low funds that honest hardworking fans are having to pay to watch such a poor standard of football. It is of great credit to Crewe that the best players in the current first team are mainly academy graduates.

    On a plus point also Robertson and Ramsey were decent loan additions however I would rather see Travis Johnson at Right Back when he is fit.

    I would prefer seeing our young players in the first team than watching the washed up has been mercenaries the club has been forced to recruit due to under investment in the first team.
    Agree.

  7. #7
    I'm more worried about the general apathy about the place, are supporters really bothered? The board dont seem to be under pressure , how many posts on this week ends match ? Is there even a thread ?

    I'm not saying throw the jigsaw up in the air, but what kind of club is it that is satisfied with whats going on at the moment, the sound of silence is deafening, We don't want relegation, anyone who thinks that getting out of the 2nd div. will be a cake walk with half a dozen academy players is living in cloud cuckoo land, Wrexham Notts County Stockport could all come up and they are far bigger clubs than us and they will have bigger budgets.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I'm more worried about the general apathy about the place, are supporters really bothered? The board dont seem to be under pressure , how many posts on this week ends match ? Is there even a thread ?

    I'm not saying throw the jigsaw up in the air, but what kind of club is it that is satisfied with whats going on at the moment, the sound of silence is deafening, We don't want relegation, anyone who thinks that getting out of the 2nd div. will be a cake walk with half a dozen academy players is living in cloud cuckoo land, Wrexham Notts County Stockport could all come up and they are far bigger clubs than us and they will have bigger budgets.
    I am one of the few people on here who does raise issues but constantly gets shouted down by the clap happy mediocrity brigade. As I have said under investment in the first team is shocking who at the moment is interested in even paying 10 on I player tomorrow to watch the utter dross produced by Crewe, an uncensored OS that must be the laughing stock of the football community pointless articles littered with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. Managers plucked from the tree lined Reaseheath set up who know nothing about the football world outside but are cheap and will tow the boards line of 2 peas and a conker investment. The problem is the Crewe fans has been used to being fed crap on and off the pitch for years and have become conditioned to it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Where do you get the idea that you are shouted down??? Reasoned argument is not shouting down. Disagreement is not shouting down.
    And... try not to bite the bait of a Vale fan!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Where do you get the idea that you are shouted down??? Reasoned argument is not shouting down. Disagreement is not shouting down.
    And... try not to bite the bait of a Vale fan!
    Get your head out of the sand......I have said previously I go to matches at Port Vale thats not against the law, so far this season off the top of my head I have seen 5 games at Vale Park and 7 at Crewe Ive probably followed the Alex for over 5 decades as far back as Frank Lord you might not know of him...... he was a striker.

    You cannot hide from the fact that this club has a distinct lack of ambition and the signings this season have been poor, this not an attempt at wind up...... It is fact.

    The support is apathetic, even this message board is reporting Ollie has gone to Blackpool ......How long ago was that for Christs sake ?

    Wake up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •