Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: No news about today’s home game against Motherwell on Club website

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,274

    No news about today’s home game against Motherwell on Club website

    I have just checked the Dundee Football Club website and there is no news about today’s home game against Motherwell.
    This is very disappointing as this is our first game for three weeks and you would think that John Nelms would be wanting as many people to attend today’s home game as possible. https://dundeefc.co.uk/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,049
    I find the official site is very poor, my wife is on Facebook , and gets more news about the Dee's than I do.
    Just been in the ticket office to get a ticket for my youngest grandson for today's game.
    My older grandson has an under 12 season ticket along with my Derry season ticket, and I enquired about a half season ticket for my youngest grandson, no can do, as can only be purchased with a new season ticket.
    Typical Dundee FC when it comes to attracting fans.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I find the official site is very poor, my wife is on Facebook , and gets more news about the Dee's than I do.
    Just been in the ticket office to get a ticket for my youngest grandson for today's game.
    My older grandson has an under 12 season ticket along with my Derry season ticket, and I enquired about a half season ticket for my youngest grandson, no can do, as can only be purchased with a new season ticket.
    Typical Dundee FC when it comes to attracting fans.
    Yet another shambles.
    You would think that the management of Dundee Football Club would be keen to encourage children under 12 to purchase
    a half price season ticket as they are the adult Dundee supporters of the future.
    I looks like the club have ‘copied and pasted’ the original full 2021-22 season ticket prices from last summer
    and posted it in the club website showing the reduced prices as there is no reduction in the price for an Under 12 season ticket holder.
    Hopefully someone from the club will see this topic and allow under 12’s to purchase a ‘half price’ season ticket costing £1 for home games from 1st January 2022 to the end of this season.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I find the official site is very poor, my wife is on Facebook , and gets more news about the Dee's than I do.
    Just been in the ticket office to get a ticket for my youngest grandson for today's game.
    My older grandson has an under 12 season ticket along with my Derry season ticket, and I enquired about a half season ticket for my youngest grandson, no can do, as can only be purchased with a new season ticket.
    Typical Dundee FC when it comes to attracting fans.
    I have just sent an email to Tommy Young who deals with media at Dens Park highlighting the problem with the purchase of Under 12 half price season tickets. I said that it appears that the half price season ticket categories have been ‘copied and pasted’ from the original full season ticket prices which were first advertised in June this year.
    I asked Tommy to raise the problem with John Nelms and Jonny McInally who is the Dundee Football Club Head of Commercial.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,460
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have just sent an email to Tommy Young who deals with media at Dens Park highlighting the problem with the purchase of Under 12 half price season tickets. I said that it appears that the half price season ticket categories have been ‘copied and pasted’ from the original full season ticket prices which were first advertised in June this year.
    I asked Tommy to raise the problem with John Nelms and Jonny McInally who is the Dundee Football Club Head of Commercial.
    How much does an under 12 season ticket actually cost?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,049
    It's not the cost that's a problem, my youngest grandson used to attend something else on Saturdays, and now wants to come to the games.
    It means I have to buy a ticket every time there is a home game.
    I am a season ticket holder, and also have an under 12 season ticket for my eldest grandson, I can't buy another under 12 season ticket
    Even though I am an existing customer.
    You would think they would make it easier to attract younger fans.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    It's not the cost that's a problem, my youngest grandson used to attend something else on Saturdays, and now wants to come to the games.
    It means I have to buy a ticket every time there is a home game.
    I am a season ticket holder, and also have an under 12 season ticket for my eldest grandson, I can't buy another under 12 season ticket
    Even though I am an existing customer.
    You would think they would make it easier to attract younger fans.
    Could you have bought a ticket for him at the same time as you bought your other season tickets? I can't believe that the club does not have rules that specifically encourage parents, grandparents, uncles aunts etc to buy tickets for young relatives. I'd review the age limits and go up to the school leaving age for all kids tickets.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Could you have bought a ticket for him at the same time as you bought your other season tickets? I can't believe that the club does not have rules that specifically encourage parents, grandparents, uncles aunts etc to buy tickets for young relatives. I'd review the age limits and go up to the school leaving age for all kids tickets.
    Spoke to someone that works at Dens. The club have a problem with Adults attempting to gain access with Concession and kids tickets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Spoke to someone that works at Dens. The club have a problem with Adults attempting to gain access with Concession and kids tickets.
    for
    That makes it seem like we need different printing
    for the kids tickets. Surely it isn't an insurmountable problem?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    434
    I think the problem is that the turnstile operators don’t challenge the culprits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •