Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
Labour are completely hamstrung by their need to satisfy their Union paymasters and their loony Left element whist satisfying the need to appeal to an electorate who are pretty much split between just to the right and just to the left of centre.

They’re also hamstrung by the fact they have a very strong “Pro Eu” set of MP’s and candidates and a lot of now “Blue Wall” seats to whom they’re scared of looking out of touch by being Eu positive.

There’s actually a very simple answer and I’ve stated it on here before, during and post Brexit.

Given the difficulty that Brexit has caused in many areas of both supply of goods and necessary workers it’s fair to assume that a vote on rejoining the Eu would probably now win by 60% to 40% in my opinion.

Labour need to do the following.

1/ Find a dynamic centrist young leader.

2/ Completely distance themselves from the Corbynista element even if it means issuing expulsions to members.

3/ Go for a “Rejoin The Eu” campaign at the next election and to not be scared of alienating the Blue Wall voters especially as they’ve lost most of those seats anyway.

4/ Have the courage of their convictions towards that agenda and to just left of centre politics.

5/ Hold their hands up, ask for a clean slate with the electorate and admit that they are pro Eu and should’ve stuck to those guns.

Labour’s problem for a long time is that they try to face too many ways at the same time, they need to go pro Eu and look to win seats in the south and south east and maybe even in Scotland which this strategy may see happen.

If they carry on like they are they’ll keep losing albeit very varying amounts each time.
Its rare that we politically agree, and here we are..

I do think Starmer's reshuffle was a small step in the right direction towards the centre ground.