Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: A tonking, decisive big win

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,397

    A tonking, decisive big win

    is what is required tomorrow against fellow strugglers Burnley to begin the climb up the table.

    What these players need is belief in themselves. A handful of them have it but for seasons under Bruce, most of the squad have lost belief in themselves which Eddie Howe is having a hard job reinstating.

    I'm sure he'll get there sooner than later but there is nothing like an overwhelming thrashing of another club in our same situation to raise spirits and let them see what they are really capable of.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,710
    I'll take a spawny deflection off Joelinton's arse against the run of play to win the most boring game in history in the last second of added time...although I'd rather it was your scenario, Pat.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,081
    Yeh a dull 1-0 win would do me.....and ffs no stupid mistakes 10 minutes in!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    21,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Yeh a dull 1-0 win would do me.....and ffs no stupid mistakes 10 minutes in!!
    The other night was book-ended by two of the shittest bits of defending you could imagine. Luckily we didn't pay for Schar's.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The other night was book-ended by two of the shittest bits of defending you could imagine. Luckily we didn't pay for Schar's.
    Good point. I'd forgotten about Schar

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,016
    im not confident we will survive this season. We needed to beat Brentford and a goalkeeping howler and a deflected goal ensured we dropped 2 points.
    Then a ridiculous red card against the ****test team in the division besides ourselves made sure we had an uphill battle to get a point.

    Burnley are not a good side but they are well drilled and fit as fiddles, That big Aussie lad up front always scores against us.

    Our team are shot of confidence, Schar plays for his country and wins the group for the world cup that contained Italy.
    Frazer plays out of his skin for his country, Lewis the same but once they get back to us, they are truly awful.

    Maybe they have given up because of the takeover and they know their days are numbered.
    The fans are trying, Shelvey and Joelinton are the best 2 players in our squad at the moment, i never thought in a million years i would ever think that. Fortune is against us at the minute, St Maximin is playing as an individual lately and doesnt pass simply runs into nothing, Willock is a shadow of the player we had last year and his body language looks like he has made a mistake and regrets it.

    Wilson is falling to the floor like a cheap tarts knickers instead of having a shot.
    Clark, where the **** do i start!
    Lascelles is a mouthy roundabout who takes half an hour to turn around.
    Fede cant get a look in at the moment and i think theres more to that situation
    Darlow is a good goalie when Dubravka is injured but turns into a sunday league keeper the closer to fitness Dubravka gets.


    Everything about our side at the moment is a million miles away from a side that want to save their own PL status.
    IF we are going to have any chance of staying up, we need to take all 3 points convincingly against Burnley and maybe snatch a few points at Leicester and Everton but more than anything we need to give ourselves a chance and get the 3 points asap

    sorry if thats a bit of a rant but i hate listening to the managers going through the motions saying we will all stick together and keep working to save the season, its like rolling dog shlt in glitter, its sparkly and looks shiny but its still dog **** underneath

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    im not confident we will survive this season. We needed to beat Brentford and a goalkeeping howler and a deflected goal ensured we dropped 2 points.
    Then a ridiculous red card against the ****test team in the division besides ourselves made sure we had an uphill battle to get a point.

    Burnley are not a good side but they are well drilled and fit as fiddles, That big Aussie lad up front always scores against us.

    Our team are shot of confidence, Schar plays for his country and wins the group for the world cup that contained Italy.
    Frazer plays out of his skin for his country, Lewis the same but once they get back to us, they are truly awful.

    Maybe they have given up because of the takeover and they know their days are numbered.
    The fans are trying, Shelvey and Joelinton are the best 2 players in our squad at the moment, i never thought in a million years i would ever think that. Fortune is against us at the minute, St Maximin is playing as an individual lately and doesnt pass simply runs into nothing, Willock is a shadow of the player we had last year and his body language looks like he has made a mistake and regrets it.

    Wilson is falling to the floor like a cheap tarts knickers instead of having a shot.
    Clark, where the **** do i start!
    Lascelles is a mouthy roundabout who takes half an hour to turn around.
    Fede cant get a look in at the moment and i think theres more to that situation
    Darlow is a good goalie when Dubravka is injured but turns into a sunday league keeper the closer to fitness Dubravka gets.


    Everything about our side at the moment is a million miles away from a side that want to save their own PL status.
    IF we are going to have any chance of staying up, we need to take all 3 points convincingly against Burnley and maybe snatch a few points at Leicester and Everton but more than anything we need to give ourselves a chance and get the 3 points asap

    sorry if thats a bit of a rant but i hate listening to the managers going through the motions saying we will all stick together and keep working to save the season, its like rolling dog shlt in glitter, its sparkly and looks shiny but its still dog **** underneath
    Can't disagree with any of that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    773
    If I had a dog I`d be feeding it glitter immediately, just to see the result, cats won`t go near it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    44,050
    Can't disagree Tanya but I hope you're wrong.

    Pat, really hope you're right - absolutely smash them would be glorius. . . Joelinton hatrick. . .

    However, I'd take a dodgy 1-0 win now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,397
    I had a really vivid dream about the match last night. We went down to an early goal but finished up winning 5-2.

    Consequently done a 2 on 365 betbuilder at 4/1 for us to win, both to score and +6 corners in total.

    Also 1 at 25/1 as above but with +6 goals. As well I had a free 5 bet from 365 for a straight win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •