+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlisle limit capacity to 9999

Carlisle limit capacity to 9999

Will Notts do the same to get round fans having to take tests to go to the game ????.

There is only the Wrexham game where Notts maybe get close to 10k in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by binghampies View Post
    Will Notts do the same to get round fans having to take tests to go to the game ????.

There is only the Wrexham game where Notts maybe get close to 10k in the near future
    Good for Carlisle.

Hopefully clubs can see where this is heading. History is never kind to those seen to be on the side of discrimination and segregation, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by binghampies View Post

Personally the sensible approach is that the club (for the big games) adopts an ‘all ticket’ approach to any game that could top 10k. At least this way they can pre warn fans or both clubs if a passport or negative test is required to gain entry.
    The likelihood is that no game with the exception of Chesterfield at home will top the 10k, so will be a nine issue IMO.

Big decision to make. You’d think we will reduce the capacity, even if the Wrexham game might top 10k it wouldn’t be by much. We normally have organised chaos with big gates, can’t imagine what it would be like having to check vaccine status as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Personally the sensible approach is that the club (for the big games) adopts an ‘all ticket’ approach to any game that could top 10k. At least this way they can pre warn fans or both clubs if a passport or negative test is required to gain entry.
    The likelihood is that no game with the exception of Chesterfield at home will top the 10k, so will be a nine issue IMO.
    Yes very sensible, hope Notts do this.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes very sensible, hope Notts do this.
    I wonder how it could be done? I suppose the easy way would be to close certain sections of the ground, but that would upset some season ticket holders and force everyone to sit closer together, so not the best idea in current circumstances. Another way, assuming we have 3,000 ST holders, would be to limit advance and on the day sales to 6,999. Very unlikely we would sell that many, so that could be the best option.

Great gesture by Carlisle that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I wonder how it could be done? I suppose the easy way would be to close certain sections of the ground, but that would upset some season ticket holders and force everyone to sit closer together, so not the best idea in current circumstances. Another way, assuming we have 3,000 ST holders, would be to limit advance and on the day sales to 6,999. Very unlikely we would sell that many, so that could be the best option.

If we're serious about this being all about health, then you'd want to keep all of the stands open, encourage people to spread out and - if you want your own exact seat - arrive early.

If it's pure theatre for the sake of helping to usher in the id pass into all areas of life, then we can pack people more closely together, pretend vaccinated can't spread it (officially now 2 jabs don't offer protection) and close some sections of the stands.

I'm satisfied that you're extremely unlikely to catch it out of doors, but I do recognise that if you're sat behind somebody regularly coughing or sneezing for something approaching 2 hours, masked or not, you could to be at some risk of catching it (however small in free flowing air) and also some people will naturally feel uncomfortable in the current climate stuck next to somebody seemingly infected.

I think the best compromise is to allow everybody who wants to attend to attend, but for the sake of those who are worried, spread people out.

What clubs do who regularly sell out, or close to, is a problem. There will be people out there looking at full stadiums and cases going up (assuming they do) and demanding the government shut football down. A lot of decisions have and will continue to be taken on the grounds of optics rather than genuine risk.

I've been part of organising an event of 2000-3000 capacity where Covid passports were checked on the door a few months back.

What we did was warn ticket-holders well in advance about it and ask them to present their phone showing the pass on the NHS app to door staff as the next step after scanning tickets.

It required us to spend an extra few thousand £ on extra door staff. But also we didn't actually have to turn them away for not having a pass. Turning people with tickets away is likely to create ugly scenes. Plus a matchday at Notts is likely to be 2-3 times the attendance at our event.

From a purely business point of view if Notts can avoid having to do that they probably should. Obviously from a public health point of view it may be viewed differently.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I've been part of organising an event of 2000-3000 capacity where Covid passports were checked on the door a few months back.

What we did was warn ticket-holders well in advance about it and ask them to present their phone showing the pass on the NHS app to door staff as the next step after scanning tickets.

It required us to spend an extra few thousand £ on extra door staff. But also we didn't actually have to turn them away for not having a pass. Turning people with tickets away is likely to create ugly scenes. Plus a matchday at Notts is likely to be 2-3 times the attendance at our event.

From a purely business point of view if Notts can avoid having to do that they probably should. Obviously from a public health point of view it may be viewed differently.
    It’s mostly going to be a non-issue for us, but that Wrexham match could be tricky. I would guess the crowd for that might just push past 10k depending on how many they bring, but it probably makes financial sense to limit it to 9,999 unless it looks like going well over 10k. Assume it wouldn’t be worth the expense/hassle for an extra couple of hundred people.

We’ll probably know what we’re planning when Wxm put their tickets on sale. If we restrict their allocation to 2.5k or something then presumably we’re restricting numbers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast