Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
That's not the point I'm making.

80th birthday, gone ......healthy or not ....to protect NHS just end the wrinkles life ....ridiculous yes ....but in a softer less extreme way Govts are restricting other people's live to protect the NHS and the fearful.

Not against people having the right to choose between life or the eternal oblivion of death (how could I be when I believe in personal responsibility and how can law makers be against when they allow doctors to kill the unborn) but the dangers are pretty obvious, elderly, infirm, terminal or mentally ill or incapacitated might well feel pressure to do so.

It's a very tricky area but I do believe in people's right to choose.
You could things a step further and kill off all the people who have a drug problem or are alcoholics when they reach say 60 years of age because they are a big drain on the NHS.
Four years ago in July 2017 a GP on Islay told me that Islay residents who had a drink problem were no longer being treated for their drink addiction in Islay Hospital and drying out as Islay Hospital was no longer a hostel for drunks.
I asked the GP if the Islay residents with a drink problem were being sent to Lochgilphead Hospital to dry out.
The GP replied no. They were being treated in their own homes.
I replied that was a recipe for disaster as people with a drink problem would be able to purchase alcohol in the local shops or get someone to do it for them.
What a waste of NHS resources.
I do not know who dreamt up this daft idea. It could have been one of the NHS Highland bosses are responsible for healthcare on Islay or more likely the Scottish Government Cabinet Secretary for Health who in July 2017 was Shona Robison the SNP MSP for Dundee East.