Don't miss the Soccer Six tournament at the Mile End Stadium on May 21
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: New glasses needed ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,825

    New glasses needed ?

    By most fans managers and journalists ?

    Having repeatedly been told that RUFC are a big and physical team ! I am at a loss how we are perceived !

    Watching Some of our last opponents Accrington and Fleetwood and watching Morecambe tonight my observations are that we are miles well (inches ) shorter than all these three teams ?

    At a very rough guess I estimate that we are at least an inch shorter per man that these teams ?

    By the way Will Keane as just scored for Wigan 😰

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    21,289
    Maybe all those fans, managers and journalists saying that are mid.....better not

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    By most fans managers and journalists ?

    Having repeatedly been told that RUFC are a big and physical team ! I am at a loss how we are perceived !

    Watching Some of our last opponents Accrington and Fleetwood and watching Morecambe tonight my observations are that we are miles well (inches ) shorter than all these three teams ?

    At a very rough guess I estimate that we are at least an inch shorter per man that these teams ?

    By the way Will Keane as just scored for Wigan 😰
    Just lazy journalism, repeating something they’ve picked up on websites

    Like the myth that Bob Holness played the saxophone on Baker Street, repeat it often enough and it’s taken as “ fact”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

    Like the myth that Bob Holness played the saxophone on Baker Street, repeat it often enough and it’s taken as “ fact”
    I thought it was the Peterborough chairman blowing his trumpet!!!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Just lazy journalism, repeating something they’ve picked up on websites

    Like the myth that Bob Holness played the saxophone on Baker Street, repeat it often enough and it’s taken as “ fact”
    But Bob Holness was the first James Bond, I understand. (Radio)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,452
    Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    But Bob Holness was the first James Bond, I understand. (Radio)
    Bob did the radio thing in 1956
    In 1954 Barry Nelson played Bond in a TV special of Casino Royale

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •