+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Town Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The issue with Ogbene isn't the "back" side of his game it is the "wing" side of his game, yes he can beat a man, but it is what he does when he beats a man, he doesn't get enough crosses in early enough and into the danger zone, middle of the goal past 1st man between 6 yd and penalty spot. I prefer harding in that wingback position with REG rightside of defense. It also means we have the long thrower always up there and Harding gets better crosses in, Ogbene for me is a impact player to come on.
    If we don't buy a striker I do think it is worth having Sadlier playing just behind Smith so instead of 352 it is 3511 it at least gives us a plan B and nobody what anyone says we do not have a plan B that changes the shape of the game, it is like for like subs and that is easy to counter. The reason we have dropped off a bit in recent weeks is teams have sussed us out, yesterday they put 2 or 3 men to cover Ogbene managers arent stupid they do their research, and we are very one dimensional, direct and create opportunities by high work rate and closing down in the last third. The latter is a great asset but we played at home and had less possesion than them and they are 17th in the league. We are very close, but we need some fresh blood and an ability to tactcally change our approach during a game. Last observation was how unhappy Rathbone was to come off, that is something to watch, he tends to get taken off around the 80 minute mark and that meanswe waste a sub on a like for like change.

Sadlier wasn’t an option yesterday.

Food poisoning apparently

I think PW has handled the whole ladapo situation very well…

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I think PW has handled the whole ladapo situation very well…
    Dog wagging its tail or tail wagging the dog?

Not so sure to be honest

I think we played reasonably well up until Smith's goal was disallowed. It was a bit like a penalty miss - took away our momentum and gave Cheltenham a boost.

Think an elbow was used here

Name:  14ACAC41-90BA-448D-9253-3D38BCECEE87.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  13.5 KB

That was a foul given against him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    That was a foul given against him as well.
    Tbh I didn’t see what happened but saw the other player having his armed cleaned and elbow taped up

I think Warney actually spat dummy out and has now calmed down but I didn’t like it when he assumes fans would boo Ladapo
    Maybe he knows has much about fans as some of us know about football 😉

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I think Warney actually spat dummy out and has now calmed down but I didn’t like it when he assumes fans would boo Ladapo
    Maybe he knows has much about fans as some of us know about football ��

But he’s been around the club for many years now, so he should know how our fans react to anybody, player or manager, that says they don’t want to be here.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast