+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Greedy clubs and agents

Greedy clubs and agents

This is the main problem. A handful of greedy clubs who didn't want to deal with us but who would provided that they can screw unrealistic prices out of us thinking that, a) all the money under the sun is available and b) we are desperate enough to buy at any price. I also include greedy agents in this too.

Both have been proved to be falsely wrong. Our owners, although new to the game have their heads screwed on and are obviously being guided and advised correctly.

The cartel of clubs who were going to shun us in the window have soon collapsed when the money is on the table, haven't they?

Agreed.

I for one am happy that the new owners do not let themselves get run over by silly transfer and agent fees, regardless of how rich 'we' are.

Remember when KK was after Phil Babb, but he went to Liverpool. We got Philippe Albert instead, that worked out ok, in fact worked out brilliantly for us,what a player! The same will happen this time, more fish in the sea, move on from Lingard ffs

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Remember when KK was after Phil Babb, but he went to Liverpool. We got Philippe Albert instead, that worked out ok, in fact worked out brilliantly for us,what a player! The same will happen this time, more fish in the sea, move on from Lingard ffs
    That is an excellent example. There is never a need for panic buying which leads to mistakes being made and regrets with wrong players on the books on pay deals they are not worthy of and contracts too long.

Better keep the money in the bank until Mr. Right is available at an honest price.

Little ginger Jack Colback from the Muckems comes to mind as a bad example from a few years back. Cost a small fortune while on holiday here.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 27-01-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Agreed.

I for one am happy that the new owners do not let themselves get run over by silly transfer and agent fees, regardless of how rich 'we' are.
    Same.

I think it would be different if we weren't in a relegation battle but as we are, it's upping clubs ideas as they know we are desperate.

Unfortunately when you sit on sky and proclaim"we will win the premier league in 5 to 10 years" you open the door to be overcharged.

Still good on them for standing firm...a quick look at everton shows what can happen if you spunk hundreds of millions on what currently Look like the wrong players....i still think they are in a false position,but we need to capitalise against them,we cant let another struggling team use us as easy points!
    Last edited by ranat22; 27-01-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    Unfortunately when you sit on sky and proclaim"we will win the premier league in 5 to 10 years" you open the door to be overcharged.

Still good on them for standing firm...a quick look at everton shows what can happen if you spunk hundreds of millions on what currently Look like the wrong players....i still think they are in a false position,but we need to capitalise against them,we cant let another struggling team use us as easy points!
    Aye, I agree. I know that any team in their position could go down but their squad is massively underperforming and I'd back them to do enough to stay up.

Which is a shame because their fans are the biggest bunch of arseholes in the league. protesting the other night saying they should be playing champions league football and they "demand the best"....fucking Shola has scored more Champions League goals than Everton, man.

They're the fans everyone else thinks we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, I agree. I know that any team in their position could go down but their squad is massively underperforming and I'd back them to do enough to stay up.

Which is a shame because their fans are the biggest bunch of arseholes in the league. protesting the other night saying they should be playing champions league football and they "demand the best"....fucking Shola has scored more Champions League goals than Everton, man.

They're the fans everyone else thinks we are.
    Hounded rafa out,and already hounding a bloke whos just in the running out but nowhere near the criticism we got for replacing bruce.

These clubs who keep raising their prices after saying a lower fee must have no knowledge of dealing with Arabs.They know how to f--k you over.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)