+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Humble Pie

Humble Pie

There's one or two people on this site who will need a big slice of humble pie to eat

Those who didn't believe DA would fetch any new faces in, those who wouldn't believe anything he said about signings

🤞🤞 but also let's hope these 4 are more successfull than those who came in the summer!
    Good, also to see 3 signed and only loaned.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    There's one or two people on this site who will need a big slice of humble pie to eat

Those who didn't believe DA would fetch any new faces in, those who wouldn't believe anything he said about signings

Happy to see us getting some business done, and definitely happy to see us spending some money, 2 of the signings look very good the other 2 unproven so we will wait and see. Still need another 2 or 3 yet so I hope we are beavering away in the back ground still. And would like Artell to explain how he got it so horribly wrong in the summer as most of his summer recruitment are no longer at the club ? . We still have a chance of remaining in league 1 it will be tough but let’s hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Happy to see us getting some business done, and definitely happy to see us spending some money, 2 of the signings look very good the other 2 unproven so we will wait and see. Still need another 2 or 3 yet so I hope we are beavering away in the back ground still. And would like Artell to explain how he got it so horribly wrong in the summer as most of his summer recruitment are no longer at the club ? . We still have a chance of remaining in league 1 it will be tough but let’s hope.
    If every manager had to explain himself for every signing that didn't work out as hoped there would be a lot doing it. It is always a lottery signing players at our level. Dario didn't get it right every time. I feel there is reason for optimism and yes it would be nice to get another one or maybe two in but I am not expecting it. We have good players already here currently injured and when they get back we will look decent. Positivity is the name of the game and I think we need to trust the management and the board to act in the long term interests of the club

Nobody feeling hungry yet?

Well if not prepared to eat then at least stop making ridiculous statements

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Well if not prepared to eat then at least stop making ridiculous statements
    You only consider it ridiculous because you don’t agree, how many clubs have already shipped out the vast majority of the players they brought in the summer now that is ridiculous, are you a fully paid up member of the clap happy Dave Artell fan club ?

You said DA was not telling the truth and you could tell that by his body language is that not ridiculous?