Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
I might be tempted to contribute on that, because I think I know where you're coming from.
Lets's see then...

My angle is that Government plays a part in shaping the society we live in... so when innocent players are being assaulted, jostled, taunted, intimidated just because they're wearing a different colour shirt, it's worth asking how things can get so bad.
And if you've had the same Government for 13 years what have been doing to affect things positively or negatively.

- the tone of debate in politics. The tories and their supporters sow division all the time, turning people against each other who otherwise have common interests. They eschew debate in favour of crude name-calling. AncientPie did well to mention Brexit. That whole culture war has set a tone of hatred and aggression that isn't easily extinguished in places like Burslem and Ilkeston

- recently we've had a lesson in impunity. A PM can break the law, and is taunting the whole country by just remaining in power. The example the people at the top set in general is appalling.

- What's the state of the Education system? Have the Tories driven good standards there? Are values of respect, fair play and community spirit fostered there?
- Or do people leave with low self-esteem? Just left to scramble up from the bottom of the heap, in an aggressive, ultra-competitive, dog-eat-dog country.

After 13 years, they need to be held to account for a whole host of things - our living standards, the state of the economy, our high streets, local services, health service, education system and in this case contributing to a climate of hate, division, name-calling, nothing matters, get away with what you can, and sod everybody else!!