+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's other games

Today's other games

According to the BBC, it's the first time the title, a relegation spot and European spots have all to be decided on the last day. Out of 10 games, only 2 don't have anything riding on them.

Should be a cracking afternoon.

This time next year, maybe we'll have more of an interest in where we end up...

My brother in law is a Burnley fan , I`m picking him and sis in law up at the airport later then family dinner so that`ll be interesting. Always had a soft spot for Burnley but points are the game so hoping we win and Leeds get ****ted. Bonus was us swatting Arsenal`s Cheaters League hopes away.... good last day coming up.

We should all be celebrating today that we have ‘nothing’ to play for. In Eddie’s interview yesterday he basically said if you’d offered him the chance to need a win in this last game to guarantee safety when he first arrived he would’ve taken your hand off.
    A remarkable season.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    We should all be celebrating today that we have ‘nothing’ to play for. In Eddie’s interview yesterday he basically said if you’d offered him the chance to need a win in this last game to guarantee safety when he first arrived he would’ve taken your hand off.
    A remarkable season.
    Definitely, man. The turnaround has been remarkable. There were a few times when I thought we'd be down long before this game or, at the very least, be in Leeds' position and relying on other results.

On a related note, I don't subscribe to this bollocks about some clubs not being big enough to be in the Prem-that's the sort of elitist shite we need to steer well clear of. If you're in the Prem, you've earned the right to be here as much as any other club.

We can finish between 10th & 14th (not 9th unless there’s a virtually impossible swing in GD with Leicester). Place prize money:

10th - £24.2M
    14th - £15.4M

Definitely worth winning today with FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    We can finish between 10th & 14th (not 9th unless there’s a virtually impossible swing in GD with Leicester). Place prize money:

10th - £24.2M
    14th - £15.4M

Definitely worth winning today with FFP.
    I think the club will be keeping an eye on the situation at Everton regards FFP. If this complaint from Burnley and Leeds fall on deaf ears, I think it will be free for all for all clubs to do as they want.
    Saying that though, the way the so called "super league" teams are throwing coin about when supposed to be abiding by FFP rules, I wonder if the scrapping of the super league was on proviso of relaxing the FFP rules for said teams.
    So in a nutshell, fùck FFP as its a joke. The Mbappe deal proves it.

It seems a bit random. I don’t pretend to know anything about the Man City court case but it seems that there must be loopholes to challenge in court it if a ruling is made against a club by the sporting body.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    So in a nutshell, fùck FFP as its a joke. The Mbappe deal proves it.
    Exactly this.

FFP, under the guise of 'fair play' was actually designed to create a glass ceiling which locked out any clubs aspiring to be the best they could be and, crucially, locked in, those already at the top table.

The PL is basically a serve-yourself buffet where the top six have been allowed to rock up with their own, over-sized plates, hoover up all the best food, leaving scraps for the rest. FFP came along and said 'ok, we'll decide on the size of your plates-they're all going to need to be a lot smaller...but you lads at the top can keep the mahoosive bin lid-sized ones you already have'.

'What's the you say at the back-you can afford a bigger plate now? Well tough luck, we've set the size of the plate you can have.'

*sniggers and turns back to the top 6 'don't worry, we'll protect you'.

Wankers

It’s unethical and plain wrong. In which other industry are the main players protected from competition? If a business manages to attract large financing to grow, then how can you prevent it?
    If the powers that be really wanted to be ethical and protect sporting integrity then they would apply the rules equally for all. The bigger clubs already have a big advantage due to their popularity, shirt sales, etc. around the world, especially Asia.
    IMO we will get there although it will take some time. My reasoning for this is that football is corrupt as f*ck and we are very rich!!!

Man city have gone from 2 down to 3-2 up in about 6 minutes.

Mind, Liverpool don't look like scoring (well...sound like scoring )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)