+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Rose tinted spectacles!

  1. #1

    Rose tinted spectacles!

    Ok I've got them on and not withstanding they were the better team on the night..the winner was offside , possibly even handball and we should have had a 2nd penalty for handball to make it 2 nil...
    Not even we would have ****ed a 2 nil lead up with 10 mins-ish to go ...!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,446
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Ok I've got them on and not withstanding they were the better team on the night..the winner was offside , possibly even handball and we should have had a 2nd penalty for handball to make it 2 nil...
    Not even we would have ****ed a 2 nil lead up with 10 mins-ish to go ...!
    Wootton and Sam both should have scored with chances in ET. But we were still the poorer team. We probably would have lost on penalties. We shouldn't have lost to Halifax and Woking from promising late positions. But we probably shouldn't have won at Grimsby away. Ifs and buts....

    We need to hope Wrexham go up, as that gives us the best chance of competing for first place next season but there's still a lot needs changing and it's a massive ask.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8,669
    Better side deservedly won, it's still very disappointing due to the lack of a performance (required) but it softens the blow a little a bit like the Harrogate game as opposed to the Torquay game where I thought we deserved to win.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,192
    We should have had another penalty, it does annoy me if they give one penalty for something they won't give another for the same thing. You could get 4 penalties if they're fouls, it doesn't matter and a very poor way to referee.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,180
    3 seasons in play off and Notts never turned up in all 3

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8,669
    We turned up against Chesterfield and Torquay and didn't have to against Barnet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,928
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We should have had another penalty, it does annoy me if they give one penalty for something they won't give another for the same thing. You could get 4 penalties if they're fouls, it doesn't matter and a very poor way to referee.
    That pisses me off too. Surely the rules of the game should be applied consistently and without regard for what has come before or what might come after. It was exactly the same as the first offence.

    I hate this attitude that you can't get two penalties like that. Why not? What do the rules say?

    It's like when referees give a stupid penalty and then try and even it up with another one. Just do your job and apply the rules as they are supposed to be applied. A handball stopping a shot that's on target is a foul. If it's in the box, it's a penalty. Simple. It doesn't matter how many times it happens.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    11,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    3 seasons in play off and Notts never turned up in all 3
    Hopefully we don't turn up in next year's play-offs either, because we've won the league!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,321
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That pisses me off too. Surely the rules of the game should be applied consistently and without regard for what has come before or what might come after. It was exactly the same as the first offence.

    I hate this attitude that you can't get two penalties like that. Why not? What do the rules say?

    It's like when referees give a stupid penalty and then try and even it up with another one. Just do your job and apply the rules as they are supposed to be applied. A handball stopping a shot that's on target is a foul. If it's in the box, it's a penalty. Simple. It doesn't matter how many times it happens.
    It wasn't quite the same the first one was facing the ball with an outstretched arm the second one was the player turned away having his back to the shot. We have seen them given but if that was against us we would have been screaming it was harsh. imo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Better side deservedly won, it's still very disappointing due to the lack of a performance (required) but it softens the blow a little a bit like the Harrogate game as opposed to the Torquay game where I thought we deserved to win.
    No Grimsby were not the beter side just more lucky, to be fair both teams were crap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •