+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Mika confirms he won't re-sign

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    862

    Mika confirms he won't re-sign

    O/S today:

    Frenchman's successful two-year spell ends after he reveals to staff that he won't be extending his contract.

    Mikael Mandron’s successful spell with Crewe Alexandra has ended after the Frenchman told Alex Morris and his management team that he would not be signing a new deal with the club.

    Crewe tried everything in their power to convince Mandron to stay with assistant manager Lee Bell going on record recently that ‘everyone at the club would like nothing more than for Mika to turn around and say he is staying for another year or two’.

    Sadly it wasn’t to be.

    Mandron, 27, is now a free agent this summer and the forward thanked the club and the supporters for his time at the club with a heartfelt message communicated on his socials.

    Popular in the dressing room and a leader, Crewe Alexandra can only thank Mikael for his contribution over the last two seasons and we wish him every success in the future.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,785
    Not a surprise to any of us, really. However, I imagine he'll get fixed up with a team in the division above. Also not surprising to see a picture of Gomes heading an article on getting rid of more. What has surprised me is McGarry mentioning Josh Lundstram in the same breath as Gomes when asking Bell about releasing players. Is there conflict there?

  3. #3
    No conflict imo, he's just not good enough

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Not a surprise to any of us, really. However, I imagine he'll get fixed up with a team in the division above. Also not surprising to see a picture of Gomes heading an article on getting rid of more. What has surprised me is McGarry mentioning Josh Lundstram in the same breath as Gomes when asking Bell about releasing players. Is there conflict there?
    It’s a shame Mandron is moving on but not a surprise, I’ve heard they are also prepared to let Sambou go as well, well and truly getting rid of Artells major list of cock ups.


    Not hearing a great deal about Lowery can’t see him linked with anybody I hope he signs we could then think about letting Griffiths go as well.

    How many more new faces do we think we need I am thinking about 6 or 7 more ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,785
    Sure come June 1st, we'll know where Lowery is going. If Gomes (when in his case), Lundstram and Sambou go then I would suggest about 10 need to come in. Some of those would be short term contracts or loans to allow the next generation to bed in. However, we are in urgent need of strikers, wingers and a couple more midfielders.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Not a surprise to any of us, really. However, I imagine he'll get fixed up with a team in the division above. Also not surprising to see a picture of Gomes heading an article on getting rid of more. What has surprised me is McGarry mentioning Josh Lundstram in the same breath as Gomes when asking Bell about releasing players. Is there conflict there?
    Josh Lundstrum sold to Altringham, I hoped he would become an established player for us in midfield but not to be, what price securing a move for Gomes on a free transfer that would be a good bit of business. Not surprised about Mandron leaving so that decision was not a shock, he will be playing league 1 with someone next season.. So good luck to Lundstrum and Mandron

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Josh Lundstrum sold to Altringham, I hoped he would become an established player for us in midfield but not to be, what price securing a move for Gomes on a free transfer that would be a good bit of business. Not surprised about Mandron leaving so that decision was not a shock, he will be playing league 1 with someone next season.. So good luck to Lundstrum and Mandron

    I like what I am seeing with the manager getting rid of the dross still a bit of work to do to get rid of 4 or 5 more onwards and upwards.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,785
    On the other hand, it is getting to the point that we will need to bring in a huge number of players in order to fill the gaps. The more 'new' players that come in, the greater the chance of more mistakes.
    However, Gomes won't go willingly as per his tweet showing his disrespect of the club. Just stick him on the list.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    On the other hand, it is getting to the point that we will need to bring in a huge number of players in order to fill the gaps. The more 'new' players that come in, the greater the chance of more mistakes.
    However, Gomes won't go willingly as per his tweet showing his disrespect of the club. Just stick him on the list.
    Gomes top of my list but just shows you how very poorly our previous manager handled recruitment over the last 18 months truly dreadful undid all the good he had done the previous 3.5 years in half the time. I do agree the more players that come in the more chances of mistakes however with the enlarged recruitment team this should be limited, we do still have a large number of rank average players on the books the equivalent of Lundstrum who was playing consistently (poorly) in league 1 last season and now has found his true level in the national league you could very easily say there are 4 or 5 at the club still that fit this bracket.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    However, Gomes won't go willingly as per his tweet showing his disrespect of the club. Just stick him on the list.
    Where was this tweet? Can't see anything recent on his own page?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •