+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Marc roca

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,943

    Marc roca

    Apparently now signed, also Danny ings, some strong rumours of that, but can't see that one happening.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,202
    I've been burned one too many times by Spanish players at Leeds but hopefully this one will turn out more like Pablo than Rodrigo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I've been burned one too many times by Spanish players at Leeds but hopefully this one will turn out more like Pablo than Rodrigo
    As mentioned on the "Incomings" thread.....

    "Leeds United have offered Bayern Munich midfielder Marc Roca a significant pay rise, according to Sky Sports in Germany on Tuesday [14 June]. Roca is currently said to be on a wage of around £2.06million-per-year in Bavaria, which equals around just below £40,000-a-week Ė something that will now increase." If true, we have more money than sense (surely not?)

    Played 196 games in all competitions and all clubs as a senior professional, scored 9 times, has played a total of 24 times over the last two years scoring twice, v impressive (I am being ironic!)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As mentioned on the "Incomings" thread.....

    "Leeds United have offered Bayern Munich midfielder Marc Roca a significant pay rise, according to Sky Sports in Germany on Tuesday [14 June]. Roca is currently said to be on a wage of around £2.06million-per-year in Bavaria, which equals around just below £40,000-a-week Ė something that will now increase." If true, we have more money than sense (surely not?)

    Played 196 games in all competitions and all clubs as a senior professional, scored 9 times, has played a total of 24 times over the last two years scoring twice, v impressive (I am being ironic!)
    Time will tell I guess - at least we are getting bodies through the door.

    Does look to be a unit - Bayern have a pretty deep squad so the reason we can get him is if he isnít a first team regular.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Time will tell I guess - at least we are getting bodies through the door.

    Does look to be a unit - Bayern have a pretty deep squad so the reason we can get him is if he isn’t a first team regular.
    Yes he's a defensive midfielder, we haven't bought him for his goal scoring, if we were buying a regular first teamer we would need to pay north of 60M and to offer him far more in wages and European football, we are not at that point.... so we look to buy someone whose played in one of Europe's main leagues...and you know who is still not happy..... how unsurprising..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Yes he's a defensive midfielder, we haven't bought him for his goal scoring, if we were buying a regular first teamer we would need to pay north of 60M and to offer him far more in wages and European football, we are not at that point.... so we look to buy someone whose played in one of Europe's main leagues...and you know who is still not happy..... how unsurprising..
    So what HAVE we bought him for? Philips replacement? Bolstering the Koch/Llorente area? What???

    And as for what we have paid, Aaronson and Kristensen are (one would hope!) going to be regular first team players, neither cost anywhere near that ridiculous figure of £60m

    He's played 24 times, and not all starts, in two SEASONS!!!!!!. JKA had played more before we "bought" him!!!! And you think I'm the only one who isn't impressed, think again.

    Because its me who posts a less than glowing post regarding the guy, you can't help yourself making just downright ridiculous statements. Others have (and will) say much the same.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So what HAVE we bought him for? Philips replacement? Bolstering the Koch/Llorente area? What???

    And as for what we have paid, Aaronson and Kristensen are (one would hope!) going to be regular first team players, neither cost anywhere near that ridiculous figure of £60m

    He's played 24 times, and not all starts, in two SEASONS!!!!!!. JKA had played more before we "bought" him!!!! And you think I'm the only one who isn't impressed, think again.

    Because its me who posts a less than glowing post regarding the guy, you can't help yourself making just downright ridiculous statements. Others have (and will) say much the same.
    Woah - donít think anyone is vehemently disagreeing but just saying wait and see.

    Aaronsson could be good and his stats look good and plays well in CL too. The new RB also looks good but Roca is definitely a wait and see but has to be better that adding depth now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Woah - don’t think anyone is vehemently disagreeing but just saying wait and see.

    Aaronsson could be good and his stats look good and plays well in CL too. The new RB also looks good but Roca is definitely a wait and see but has to be better that adding depth now.
    We scout on the basis of identifying players who can fill gaps in our squad, or who might act as replacements for those who leave, yes?

    Roca hasn't played regular football for two years (minimum), he plays in a position where we have players already, unless (as I queried WS) we are thinking of him as a possible replacement for Philips (if Philips leaves, and if he doesn't, what else would Roca do, a new Koch (no pun intended) or Llorente or, or, or,? So we acquire his "skills" on what basis, because Bayern can't find a use for him?

    I challenged WS on the basis of saying that "if we were buying a regular first teamer we would need to pay north of 60M and to offer him far more in wages and European football". So we AREN'T getting Roca as a regular first teamer, which is the implication? (Hence the "ridiculous" comment).

    I agree on the Aaronsson/Kristensen matter, and you'll notice any comments I have made are about where they have come from and the motivation for their acquisition, not their capabilities, which we will see very soon. Roca is a whole different ball game, literally.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    We scout on the basis of identifying players who can fill gaps in our squad, or who might act as replacements for those who leave, yes?

    Roca hasn't played regular football for two years (minimum), he plays in a position where we have players already, unless (as I queried WS) we are thinking of him as a possible replacement for Philips (if Philips leaves, and if he doesn't, what else would Roca do, a new Koch (no pun intended) or Llorente or, or, or,? So we acquire his "skills" on what basis, because Bayern can't find a use for him?

    I challenged WS on the basis of saying that "if we were buying a regular first teamer we would need to pay north of 60M and to offer him far more in wages and European football". So we AREN'T getting Roca as a regular first teamer, which is the implication? (Hence the "ridiculous" comment).

    I agree on the Aaronsson/Kristensen matter, and you'll notice any comments I have made are about where they have come from and the motivation for their acquisition, not their capabilities, which we will see very soon. Roca is a whole different ball game, literally.
    I meant that if we were buying a regular first teamer from Bayern ( as you knocked his limited 1st team appearances) thats the kind of fee needed to prise away from BM.
    We're not at that table, so we are trying to get the guy who shadows one of their best players.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I meant that if we were buying a regular first teamer from Bayern ( as you knocked his limited 1st team appearances) thats the kind of fee needed to prise away from BM.
    We're not at that table, so we are trying to get the guy who shadows one of their best players.
    There are 34 games in a Bundesliga season, and Roca has appeared in 15 in total over the last two seasons. You can't "shadow" anyone with that kind of irregular record, and even if he could, the fact he only appeared at club level in the Bundesliga 9 times last season would suggest he isn't regarded as good enough for the first team. Why would we consider he is good enough for OUR first team, given the disparity of co-efficients between the leagues (England 1st, Germany 4th, with a nearly 25% disparity between the two) which you referred to recently? Only smarties have the answer (and they all occupy the Exec offices at ER (apparently)).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •