+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raducanu

Raducanu

Pity she could not go further at Wimbledon this year but maybe it was a big ask and possibly a bit too much expectation placed on her. Garcia deserved the win and certainly looked the stronger of the two whilst E.G. didn't look quite fully fit. At 19 though she shows lots of promise and has just the personality that fans warm to. Her previous successes were no freak and don't think it will be too long before she finds similar at Wimbledon. As she said herself, you reset to zero and go again!

Most on here know that a large part of my living comes from tennis racket sales so I take close notice of the likes of Raducanu, in fact it was me who first highlighted her on here a year ago.

I felt she had all the tools and the personality to become the “Federer” of the female game.

Unfortunately she had fallen into the game trap.

Too many media and business commitments and a serious lack of physical training and conditioning.

I’ve just finished watching the Andy Murray documentary “Resurfacing” on Prime TV.

Even if you don’t like Murray or tennis it’s a riveting watch in my opinion.

If anyone wants to see what goes into making and maintaining a champion then watch it, someone needs to make Emma watch it.

In the next 12 months she needs to stop sacking coaches every few weeks and give Andy Murray and his team a ring.

If she fails to knuckle down and do the core body training abs the sprint and strength work she’ll end up a one time major champion.

My gut feeling is that we’ve already seen “Peak Raducanu” and that she’ll be retired and doing Love Island and hosting TV shows within 5 years.

The tennis greats in the women’s game still tend to come from hard upbringings and have a real hunger.........I think she may just be too middle class and have too much going for her in so many areas that she just doesn’t need to suffer the physical pain required to be a great.

Lovely girl though.

I would (dirty old man 😊 ).

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I would (dirty old man 😊 ).
    She’s got a great back hand 😭

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Most on here know that a large part of my living comes from tennis racket sales so I take close notice of the likes of Raducanu, in fact it was me who first highlighted her on here a year ago.

I felt she had all the tools and the personality to become the “Federer” of the female game.

Unfortunately she had fallen into the game trap.

Too many media and business commitments and a serious lack of physical training and conditioning.

I’ve just finished watching the Andy Murray documentary “Resurfacing” on Prime TV.

Even if you don’t like Murray or tennis it’s a riveting watch in my opinion.

If anyone wants to see what goes into making and maintaining a champion then watch it, someone needs to make Emma watch it.

In the next 12 months she needs to stop sacking coaches every few weeks and give Andy Murray and his team a ring.

If she fails to knuckle down and do the core body training abs the sprint and strength work she’ll end up a one time major champion.

My gut feeling is that we’ve already seen “Peak Raducanu” and that she’ll be retired and doing Love Island and hosting TV shows within 5 years.

The tennis greats in the women’s game still tend to come from hard upbringings and have a real hunger.........I think she may just be too middle class and have too much going for her in so many areas that she just doesn’t need to suffer the physical pain required to be a great.

Lovely girl though.
    I am not a fan of Tennis Mick but I think your post is spot on. It's not just in Tennis that these things happen, think of Saido Berahino and Izzy Brown. People who let fame ruin them even before they are famous.

At just 19 she still has plenty of time to progress. She was the 4th youngest competitor in the women's draw. She has also had very limited experience of playing tough matches, compared to players like the French girl who beat her yesterday and used to be number 4 in the world. I'm still optimistic.

Never been a great watcher of tennis but used to enjoy playing it

Is it just me or as screeching or grunting at every shot made, male and female, increased this time around?

I think you will find I was the first to mention Raducanu Mick, but that’s bye the bye. Winning the US open was amazing but I doubt she would have won it if other players who missed the tournament had played. It was a weird Covid tournament. She just hasn’t played enough matches. That really goes against her now. I think Mick is right, we have probably seen the best of her. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I think you will find I was the first to mention Raducanu Mick, but that’s bye the bye. Winning the US open was amazing but I doubt she would have won it if other players who missed the tournament had played. It was a weird Covid tournament. She just hasn’t played enough matches. That really goes against her now. I think Mick is right, we have probably seen the best of her. Time will tell.

I have not seen the best of her!

The makings of a one hit wonder me thinks.
    She will be advised she has done enough and become a pundit....and living of endorsements.
    Too much exposure to too much money at too early and age.....Said et all......all the same....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)