+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May day on grove street !

This data driven analytics is now "old hat" plenty of clubs are now using it , just recently Mr Duff said " the list I have now is almost identical to the one I had at Cheltnum " , we're all fishing in the same pond in reality , until a bigger fish comes along and blows many others out of the water , the Derbys , Weds eg will always be able to do this , flaunt the rules and continually get away with it ,the football food chain ! and currently I would think we may be mid table in Division One , As for 500k for May ? Why not sign him ? I'd rather him on 7k pw than that useless lump Obi ,

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Thing is Poggy you can only balance the books if some players are sold but hey what if there are no buyers ? A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay & I hope the club do not accept pitiful bids just to get a few bob in, we must try & get market value for our players & if that means saying no then so be it & it will take longer to balance the books but that is better than giving the players away .
    I fully understand that Shads and that’s why we are in dire situation at this moment in time. The nearer to deadline day we get without sales then on runs the uncertainty.

The last thing we want is three players going out in the last twenty four hours and then us scrambling round for last minute finding replacements when probably any targets we had have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    What’s happened in recruitment during the last 4 years will not be happening again.

James Cryne developed a system for recruitment and it was starting to yield good rewards.
    Then stepped in PMG - and listening to what Jean has said at the press conference - things didn’t go as what was expected.

Things are back on track now.
    There may not be instant success - there will be player signings that don’t work out - but things will start moving in the right direction.
    How do you know things are back on track ?

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    I fully understand that Shads and that’s why we are in dire situation at this moment in time. The nearer to deadline day we get without sales then on runs the uncertainty.

The last thing we want is three players going out in the last twenty four hours and then us scrambling round for last minute finding replacements when probably any targets we had have gone.
    I hear where you are coming from but I am not sure we are in a dire situation , the transfer market has always worked on the domino effect & I feel that when one deal falls into place the domino kicks in, we will also have players on our radar & if we get hold of these players late in the window then the clubs we take them off will also want replacements , thats how it works but we might have a shortfall in cash because of our relegation but we do have assets on the pitch & that is why I do not think the situation is dire in fact I actually think we are in a better position than most but we will have to see how it pans out & see where we are in terms of our squad when the window eventually closes & we have got a few games under our belt under Mr Duff, I think patience is the key & playing the long game will be the way forward .

It’s fingers crossed from me.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    How do you know things are back on track ?
    Because your wish has come true.
    And the wish of the vast majority of people on here.
    Conway has gone - and the dream team that people were wishing for and talking about has actually come into place.
    A combination of James Cryne and Neerav has actually happened.
    A supporter backed by a guy that holds the keys to the 17th richest family in India.

The first step they have taken is to appoint a manager that I have not seen one person disapprove of.
    Everyone has been happy with the appointment of Duff.

Secondly - the head coach says NO ONE is leaving unless we get the asking price.
    The stack um high sell um cheap era under previous owners is now over.

There can be no negativity from us fans from this day on - until of course there is evidence to show that fans can start complaining again.

But until then …… happy happy days.

So where is Conway ?
    Why didn't this so called "dreamteam" speak out earlier in board meetings ? Why wasn't Conway challenged about the way he ran the Club into the ground ?
    Did the CONWAY OUT group influence any of this ?
    Where is this Quay person ? Who is she representing ?
    Why does Nareev keep disappearing back to India ?
    Who is running the Club ?
    This so called dreamteam ? Need to start showing sign's of real intent if they want fans to return,
    Most I'm sure we're very grateful for the Cryne years , he helped save our club along with some able allies , I'm not convinced by this new board yet , a lot of questions need answering , plus a lot of bridge building with a seemingly still split fan base, I wish them well ,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    So where is Conway ?
    Why didn't this so called "dreamteam" speak out earlier in board meetings ? Why wasn't Conway challenged about the way he ran the Club into the ground ?
    This so called dreamteam ? Need to start showing sign's of real intent if they want fans to return,
    Most I'm sure we're very grateful for the Cryne years , he helped save our club along with some able allies , I'm not convinced by this new board yet , a lot of questions need answering , plus a lot of bridge building with a seemingly still split fan base, I wish them well ,,,,,,
    A very good percentage of our fan base will no longer accept words , it's actions they are interested in today .

If the club were to land Alfie May that to me would be a significant signing of intent and would in my opinion increase ST sales .

The ball is firmly in the club's court in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    So where is Conway ?
    I think the Conway Out campaign helped but with the sound of things wheels were turning in the boardroom before Dane left.

Nareev has said he will be at the club every 6 weeks or so.
    With what’s been said Khaled is running the club with regular zoom meetings with the directors.

I can’t think of any other team in the Championship that was doing so well and was being spoken about in the football world in such glowing terms - to suddenly drop like a stone - finish rock bottom having only won a handful of games - and amazingly done this with basically the same team bar 2 players which finished 5 the season before.
    It’s incredible what’s happened to Barnsley in the last 3 season.
    Talk abart rollercoaster!!!
    Other fans from other clubs must be scratching their heads wondering what the hell is happening at Barnsley.

Well us Barnsley fans know what happened - and it can be summed up in one word - Conway.
    Barnsley supporters have experienced a big shock to the system.
    It’s understandable that it’s going to take time to recover.
    Only results on the field will do that.
    It would be great if the team hit the ground running from the start of this coming season.
    But I think it will take a month or two before that happens.
    Have faith.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123