+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ot - Bbc Question time

ot - Bbc Question time

Thursday 7th July BBC 1@ 10 35 PM
    😝 This could be fun !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Thursday 7th July BBC 1@ 10 35 PM
    😝 This could be fun !!!!
    The last time they had it in Barnsley I expected the same.
    But if I remember it right - there wasn’t one person who asked a question that spoke in a Barnsley accent.
    Let’s hope it’s different this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    But if I remember it right - there wasn’t one person who asked a question that spoke in a Barnsley accent.
    Why an authentic Barnsley accent should be linked to a lack of intelligence as is very often portrayed is something I find difficult to understand .

These are real people who have real concerns just as much as anywhere else in the country .

If an expensive education and a posh accent were proof of intelligence and credibility then how come we have a PM with a criminal record , a serial liar and probably the most incompetent PM the country's had to endure .

It's not as though the opposition leader fairs any better either despite his educated background , this is a man who has renegaded on every pledge he stood on to gain the Labour Party leadership , his main vision to get in to no.10 is not to be Boris Johnson and has no policies or vision as yet that suggests he's anything to offer the country what so ever .

Meanwhile the country is experiencing a cost of living crisis , migrants cross the channel in their hundreds every day and are fed and sheltered at the already challenged tax payers expense with strike action on a scale not seen since the late 70's back in the game .

Just about the only common sense you are likely to see on Thursday night will come from Mick of Wombwell and Dave of Monk Bretton sat in the audience .

You'll be unlikely to see anything from the politicians sat on the stage that's for certain .

that's not quite true , local businessman Andrew Green tore into the panel " worth watching again " !, surprised they've come back tbh after last time ,

If you could ask a question , what would you ask ,
    mine would be , why are we sending multi billion pounds worth of weapons to the Ukraine, yet Our Country is in such a mess and it's worsening daily ,
    nothing against Ukraine btw , our other European neighbours " are allegedly " sending far less than the UK, A Billion in Bombs or a Billion on Welfare/Hospitals/ School's etc ?

My question would be to the panellists representing the Labour Party .

Why are Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner happy to be photographed taking the knee in support of BLM , happy to be seen joining the festivities in central London at Gay Pride yesterday but then threaten disciplinary action against anyone on their front bench who is seen supporting workers seeking a pay increase that simply tracks inflation on a picket line ?

I take the point minority issues have their place in a modern political party and are important but there's a difference between totally consumed by them to the detriment of working peoples struggles for better pay and conditions which affect all demographics in society , migrants , black , Muslim , gay and lesbian people also work too you know or is it that you are so completely out of touch you hadn't thought of that ?

My question would be to ask for a list of the benefits of Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    My question would be to ask for a list of the benefits of Brexit
    2015 - Public opinion swelling support for UKIP standing on a leave the EU ticket .

2015 - General Election , strongest support for a party offering a referendum on our continued EU membership .

2016 - Referendum Result - Leave .

2017 - General Election - Tory Brexit .

2019 - EU MEP Elections - Brexit Party landslide .

2019 - General Election - Tory comprehensive victory standing to " Get Brexit Done " .

At the 2016 EU referendum 70% of Tory constituencies voted to leave the EU and so did 60% of Labour constituencies .

Now many people in the remain camp claim that the country had a one off referendum to decide whether this country wanted to remain within the EU and that it was flawed .

In reality the question was asked 5 times at the ballot box and the result that came back each and every time was YES the country did want to leave the EU .

Now having received the mandate 5 times to do just that your probably right to ask that very question .

I don’t think we have seen any advantages- not because of Brexit itself but as a result of other circumstances that followed us leaving.
    A disastrous pandemic for 2 years followed by a major war in Europe.
    There’s been no breathing space since we left the EU.
    I can say - I’ve seen things get worse because of the pandemic and the situation in Ukraine - but I haven’t seen any negative changes to my life caused by Brexit.

I don’t think we have seen any advantages- not because of Brexit itself but as a result of other circumstances that followed us leaving.
    A disastrous pandemic for 2 years followed by a major war in Europe.
    There’s been no breathing space since we left the EU.
    I can say - I’ve seen things get worse because of the pandemic and the situation in Ukraine - but I haven’t seen any negative changes to my life caused by Brexit.
    I'm not promoting the use of cheap labour but the hospitality industry (hotels,restaurants, cafes), the NHS, Social Care and the agricultural crop industry are just four examples of sectors that relied on European workers and are now unable to recruit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast