+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 days to kick off

4 days to kick off

Still think we need back up keeper (Foster?), left back and striker.

Manager of PSV has said Phillip Max not for sale, we are also supposed to be in for Angelino. Not sure why Hjelde hasn’t been tidied there as did well in difficult times there last season and has a bit of pace.

Good news that Joffy, Jimmy and Greenwood have signed new deals. Looks like all three may get good game time this season (Summerville has been given the 10 squad number).

Casilla finally left and looks like Klich, Poveda and Costa all will move on (if we can find a buyer).

Seems jiminez js injured and will miss Saturday.

Squad shaping up nicely and some of the u23s look to have matured a lot. Really want to see how Joffy and Aaronson link up as both look clever players and if he can stay fit should be able to play off Bamford and create space and angles.

Looks like the barcodes have finally given up on Harrison too which is also good news.

Starting to get excited for Saturday.

Let's see where we are in September, hopefully top half of the table, ever the optimist

I know a season is never determined by a game... especially the first game but I can't help but recall the first game in the MB era where we took Stoke to the woodshed. It really set the tone for the whole season.

I think this is the same type of game. Even the most optomistic of us never expected to beat Liverpool at Anfield or Scum at Old Trafford in our openers.

A solid win for us could really act as a catalyst for us for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I know a season is never determined by a game... especially the first game but I can't help but recall the first game in the MB era where we took Stoke to the woodshed. It really set the tone for the whole season.

I think this is the same type of game. Even the most optomistic of us never expected to beat Liverpool at Anfield or Scum at Old Trafford in our openers.

A solid win for us could really act as a catalyst for us for the season.
    A good start is essential because our season gets trickier after that

Looking less and less likely that we will sign anyone in time to start v Wolves on Saturday.

Left back is the key hole at the moment if Paddy B stays fit.

Hope we don’t get dragged into the game of chasing unobtainable targets again.

2 days to kick off and no sign of a LB.

Been a cracking window for the board bringing all those players in for basically feck all with the KP/Raph fee's combined.

Forget all about a striker coming in as well they are pinning it on bambi and joffy.

Interesting season ahead.......

I am more than a little confused on the Berishi situation. Looks like he played well under Jesse and did OK for his current team. He's really cheap by Prem standards as well for a striker and seems to be fairly durable. Given the stakes in the prem I can't believe they would not pick him up... if nothing else for insurance.

I kind of think the same way on Taylor. Not as cheap but we know what he can do.

Marsch reckons we are after a Keeper/LB and a CF!

Fingers crossed.

Marsch reckons that he is very happy at what he has seen so far but also reckons Leeds will be the first team to the moon

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Marsch reckons that he is very happy at what he has seen so far but also reckons Leeds will be the first team to the moon
    He and Frankie boy are favourites for the first sacking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)