+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owen Dale

Owen Dale

So, in addition to Lowery not having a club, another player surplus to requirements is that luvly fellah Owen Dale. With a limit of 25 players to be registered with EFL for the new season, it seems Blackpool have got 28. As a result, they have to unload some of their deadweight- stand up Mr Nice Guy, Dale. Don't worry Owen, someone must love you! Maybe even your mother!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So, in addition to Lowery not having a club, another player surplus to requirements is that luvly fellah Owen Dale. With a limit of 25 players to be registered with EFL for the new season, it seems Blackpool have got 28. As a result, they have to unload some of their deadweight- stand up Mr Nice Guy, Dale. Don't worry Owen, someone must love you! Maybe even your mother!
    I think it was Dario that used to boost all the academy players up for the PL and so our graduates started to think possibly they are better than they actually were and that transgressed into some players not signing contract extensions as agents were around the place with offers and in some ways this happening to players now will help our academy players not to jump ship early because it was always said the club would not stand in the way if a satisfactory offer came along...

I wonder why Lowery took that stance as wasn't he just L1/L2 standard but some of you guys know that or not. He may have to go non league if no offers come in as somehow can't see us wanting to sign him now but AM may think so if it was worth it to the club? He must be pig sick saying he wasn't going to sign a few months ago instead of just waiting to see...It may be AM think we have better players in the side now without him?

Has Dave Artell got fixed up anywhere yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I think it was Dario that used to boost all the academy players up for the PL and so our graduates started to think possibly they are better than they actually were and that transgressed into some players not signing contract extensions as agents were around the place with offers and in some ways this happening to players now will help our academy players not to jump ship early because it was always said the club would not stand in the way if a satisfactory offer came along...

I wonder why Lowery took that stance as wasn't he just L1/L2 standard but some of you guys know that or not. He may have to go non league if no offers come in as somehow can't see us wanting to sign him now but AM may think so if it was worth it to the club? He must be pig sick saying he wasn't going to sign a few months ago instead of just waiting to see...It may be AM think we have better players in the side now without him?
    I thought the TL contract was still on the table for him. Certainly, I wouldn't mind him coming back as I think, creatively wise we are still a bit short in midfield (although, admittedly, we haven't seen Colkett at his best yet). Certainly, he, along with Chris Long and the emergence of Zac Williams, was a bright light in an otherwise disappointing season, and his performances in the second half of the season mended a few of the bridges he'd burnt.
    Owen Dale is a slightly different kettle of fish. I think he'd definitely add something to the squad if he did want to come back. I just think the manner of his leaving means that his welcome would be lukewarm at best.
    However, if we harbor aspirations of playoffs and promotion, adding players of their calibre would aid that aim.

Ultimately though how much would either want to come back...

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    I thought the TL contract was still on the table for him. Certainly, I wouldn't mind him coming back as I think, creatively wise we are still a bit short in midfield (although, admittedly, we haven't seen Colkett at his best yet). Certainly, he, along with Chris Long and the emergence of Zac Williams, was a bright light in an otherwise disappointing season, and his performances in the second half of the season mended a few of the bridges he'd burnt.
    Owen Dale is a slightly different kettle of fish. I think he'd definitely add something to the squad if he did want to come back. I just think the manner of his leaving means that his welcome would be lukewarm at best.

However, if we harbor aspirations of playoffs and promotion, adding players of their calibre would aid that aim.

Ultimately though how much would either want to come back...

Absolutely no way should that utter tosser be even considered to return to this club an utter mercenary I hope he ends up stacking shelves and playing for Vauxhall Motors !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Absolutely no way should that utter tosser be even considered to return to this club an utter mercenary I hope he ends up stacking shelves and playing for Vauxhall Motors !!!!
    I'm with you wartman on this one ...

It is not 'just' about the ability of a player, it is also about attitude and his effect on the 'dressing-room' ...

Seem to remember Brian Clough signing a player for £1m+ @ Forest, and getting rid of him a few weeks later (for nothing) because of disruption in the 'dressing-room. He later said it was the best bit of business that he ever did.

Are you on about Dale, Lowery or both? Not questioning your opinion in the slightest. You just didn't make it clear in your post (to me anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair General View Post
    Are you on about Dale, Lowery or both? Not questioning your opinion in the slightest. You just didn't make it clear in your post (to me anyway)

Sorry AG was purely talking about Owen Dale, Tom on the other hand I think is just a bit thick !!!

Sorry AG was purely talking about Owen Dale, Tom on the other hand I think is just a bit thick !!!
    Tommy is that thick that he has landed a lucrative contract at Portsmouth a club with a good potential with gates averaging 15000 . Or at least his agent has.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    Tommy is that thick that he has landed a lucrative contract at Portsmouth a club with a good potential with gates averaging 15000 . Or at least his agent has.
    Exactly. All the talk of Tommy being unemployed within a few weeks, or playing non league was nonsense. Love him or hate him (and his agent) he was always going to get fixed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast