+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Very impressive

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,988

    Very impressive

    Well that was impressive stuff.
    Everyone worked their socks off and what I have seen so far has looked like the players have bought the direction of JDT.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,422
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well that was impressive stuff.
    Everyone worked their socks off and what I have seen so far has looked like the players have bought the direction of JDT.
    Let's take a minute to laugh at Lenihan. Shipped 3 goals. Got sent off.
    We where better once him and Rothwell left.
    I don't feel this is a surprise. We are a very decent side. And took our time appointing a very good manager. This isn't just thrown together. It was planned. We didn't need ti bring in many, we just needed to bring in the right ones and take our time. Which is exactly what we are doing. They are poor. We are pretty decent. So it was a good solid result but one I expected.
    We definately need to get 2 centre halves for the squad and keep Brero. 2 loans will do. And that will be that. Unless we sell Ben. Then I think we will buy a striker and Van Hecke.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,988
    I agree with the above and understand why you were calm about it all while I was getting frustrated.
    I think Ben's goal today will only highlight him further and we might struggle to keep hold of him.
    15 million minimum and in the next week or so,otherwise no.
    We don't want any last minute changes to this team and not given time to spend the money.
    It will be interesting to see who will play against hartlepool.
    I wouldn't want to risk any of them,with maybe the exception of Pickering.
    He still looks slightly unfit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,422
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I agree with the above and understand why you were calm about it all while I was getting frustrated.
    I think Ben's goal today will only highlight him further and we might struggle to keep hold of him.
    15 million minimum and in the next week or so,otherwise no.
    We don't want any last minute changes to this team and not given time to spend the money.
    It will be interesting to see who will play against hartlepool.
    I wouldn't want to risk any of them,with maybe the exception of Pickering.
    He still looks slightly unfit.
    I still think if we have a weakness, it's that Pickering. I still think we need another LB.
    He will play that Ash Phillip's vrs Hartlepool. He wont have much of a choice. Which further puts him in the window as he isn't singing a contract and Spurs are apparently after him for 3m.
    And with Brereton, we have to ensure we have our targets lined up and ready and enough time to get that done before letting him go. Hold out for nearer to 20m and we could end up in a stronger position as a squad if we did go spend which I think k we will. But it would be a disaster if we went last min.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,988
    If Ash Phillips went it would be a disaster for his progression and would probably result in us needing 2 centre backs.
    As for diaz it's imperative if he were to go it's in the next week.
    We cannot let an asset go like him if we cannot get a replacement in until January.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,422
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    If Ash Phillips went it would be a disaster for his progression and would probably result in us needing 2 centre backs.
    As for diaz it's imperative if he were to go it's in the next week.
    We cannot let an asset go like him if we cannot get a replacement in until January.
    It was a blow losing that Sam Barnes for the season. He was being used quite alot & may well have filled in well. We haven't got Carter for a month so it may be they sit this Phillip's down and say you may play in the first team this season ahead. Which would be better for his career at this point task Spurs Under 23's. They need to work on this kid and get him to commit.
    But that aside we need at least one centre half. I really think if Brereton goes they will buy Van Hecke and use some of the money on him. If not we need to be getting him on loan.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,988
    Inevitably ayala will get crocked around October,which is a massive shame as currently he is showing some vintage form.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,422
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Inevitably ayala will get crocked around October,which is a massive shame as currently he is showing some vintage form.
    True. But something just tells me that may not be the case this time around. It's just a feeling. I could be wrong

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •