+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: No Charlie Slater

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Exactly there is a middle ground , if you are keeping the ball, and passing on the deck then to me it's good football wherever it is on the field.

I remember so many sides (Oxford, Yeovil Plymouth etc) coming to Meadow Lane over the years and playing us off the park, playing with a plan, a purpose. I sat there on Row S in the main stand and was jealous.

You are right if you've got the ball the opponents are very unlikely to score. I've been on the away terraces, and in the Derek Pavis many a time, I've heard the impatience, I've witnessed the uncomfortableness on too many times to mention. That is the panic , have you never seen that?

Are you still blinkered and claiming only I patronise, or did you read 1959s not long after your previous comments , perfect timing btw. You probably turned a blind eye

Open your eyes it's everywhere it's a football message board after all#viva

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Are you still blinkered and claiming only I patronise
    No, you are only responsible for 99% of it.

EP, I was commenting on the fact that Bracegirdle was not commentating on the match, which was where 'poor' came in. As radio listeners we need the commentators to be our eyes. I wasn't saying passing the ball backwards and sideways was good bad or indifferent.
    I do notice you jump on my comments at every turn, I don't mind differing opinions but sense it is down to our political views, being slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    EP, I was commenting on the fact that Bracegirdle was not commentating on the match, which was where 'poor' came in. As radio listeners we need the commentators to be our eyes. I wasn't saying passing the ball backwards and sideways was good bad or indifferent.
    I do notice you jump on my comments at every turn, I don't mind differing opinions but sense it is down to our political views, being slightly different.
    I'd say we differ radically rather than slightly on the political views! I'll take your word about what you heard because I don't listen to radio commentary on any sport, it frustrates the hell out of me if I can't see what's happening. I like Bracegirdle's cricket commentary, but only when it's accompanied by a live stream so I can see what he's talking about . Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, you are only responsible for 99% of it.
    Was 100% in your world , now only 99%, so it's heading in the right direction

I'm marking it down as progress for all concerned.

Charlie has always seemed keen to further his career, good on him. He's excellent at describing what's happening on the pitch, you're never left wondering which end the ball is at, or even worse, who has scored. He has slipped into lazy clichés lately, which have started to be irritating, but no doubt he could do a fine job in higher level games. He deserves any success coming his way.

I found the commentary difficult to follow yesterday. Dave Bracegirdle's style is perfect for cricket, but doesn't fit faster paced (well, sometimes) football, his commentary didn't have enough clarity and speed.

It's a learning curve for any commentator, trying to remember eleven (well perhaps ten) players' names and positions while keeping pace with the game and yet be entertaining. Still, Braces seemed to be enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It's a learning curve for any commentator, trying to remember eleven (well perhaps ten) players' names and positions while keeping pace with the game and yet be entertaining. Still, Braces seemed to be enjoying himself.
    All fair points. Wonder who we will get. Hopefully someone who gets on with Stalls, he'd be a huge loss if he went.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Charlie has always seemed keen to further his career, good on him. He's excellent at describing what's happening on the pitch, you're never left wondering which end the ball is at, or even worse, who has scored. He has slipped into lazy clichés lately, which have started to be irritating, but no doubt he could do a fine job in higher level games. He deserves any success coming his way.

I found the commentary difficult to follow yesterday. Dave Bracegirdle's style is perfect for cricket, but doesn't fit faster paced (well, sometimes) football, his commentary didn't have enough clarity and speed.
    Agree with this - I thought Bracegirdle did a decent enough job as a stand-in, particularly if he’s rarely done football commentary previously, but it was hard to follow or know who was attacking at times particularly when he’d talk about ‘having a shot at the keeper’ - not helped by the crowd being about 50/50!

Either way I think you only have to listen to local BBC radio pretty much anywhere else to see we’re massively spoiled in terms of the quality and objectivity (particularly something they struggle with for our neighbours) with Charlie and Stall. So I’d be surprised if that quality is maintained, whoever comes in for Charlie long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Agree with this - I thought Bracegirdle did a decent enough job as a stand-in, particularly if he’s rarely done football commentary previously, but it was hard to follow or know who was attacking at times particularly when he’d talk about ‘having a shot at the keeper’ - not helped by the crowd being about 50/50!

Either way I think you only have to listen to local BBC radio pretty much anywhere else to see we’re massively spoiled in terms of the quality and objectivity (particularly something they struggle with for our neighbours) with Charlie and Stall. So I’d be surprised if that quality is maintained, whoever comes in for Charlie long-term.

Yes and we're hardly in a position to complain if we end up with a complete amateur.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast