+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saturdays game cancelled [re. 10.09.22]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccerman166 View Post
    Expected response from a disrespectful anti-monarchist who gets most things wrong on the big questions.
    I'm not an anti monarchist. Better a monarch than a President and, no question, they earn good money from visitors.
    Yes, there is a difference at the root of the responses to Diana and the Queen's death but not in the actual expression of emotion. Some of the public comments have been bizarre e g
    'I saw Her Majesty for the last time' (No you didn't, you saw a decorated coffin')
    I am amazed at the number of people who have the time and money to undertake such a business as queueing for 6 hours but that's up to them. I suppose the longer you queue the more your respect?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-09-2022 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I'm not an anti monarchist. Better a monarch than a President and, no question, they earn good
    I am amazed at the number of people who have the time and money to undertake such a business as queueing for 6 hours but that's up to them. I suppose the longer you queue the more your respect?
    There are a lot of world leaders taking more than 6hrs out of their lives, and with not inconsiderable security risks too, that puts your amazement into insignificance.