+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you have out the Wrexham squad?

Who would you have out the Wrexham squad?

Interesting thread on the Wrexham forum, debating whether it’s now a two horse title race.

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/w...ntment-10.html

Some sensible comments, some complimentary about Notts, some the usual arrogance. They’re obviously (& rightly) worried about us. It did lead me to thinking if there was anyone in the Wrexham squad we’d have, ignoring the question of any silly transfers fees or wages. For me, only Mullins who I’d take as cover for Macca

What does anyone else think?

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post
    Interesting thread on the Wrexham forum, debating whether it’s now a two horse title race.

Some sensible comments, some complimentary about Notts, some the usual arrogance. They’re obviously (& rightly) worried about us. It did lead me to thinking if there was anyone in the Wrexham squad we’d have, ignoring the question of any silly transfers fees or wages. For me, only Mullins who I’d take as cover for Macca

Parkinson as Mrs Magpie.

Quote Originally Posted by GEZMAN View Post

I'd probably take Aaron Hayden at CB ans Jacob Mendy at LWB, two very capable players

That is an interesting thread, the usual mix of the sensible and the insane. Some would take Ollie Palmer over Langstaff hahaha.

I’d have Mullin and Hayden probably, but their midfield is very average for the money they’ve spent.

The theory that we’ve had an easier start than them is a myth. The stats are here;

https://www.soccerstats.com/table.as...ngland5&tid=10

We’ve had marginally the tougher start, but Chesterfield have had it tougher than either of us. If we’re still top after the next 4 games we’ll be in a very good position.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I'd probably take Aaron Hayden at CB ans Jacob Mendy at LWB, two very capable players
    Don't really know that much about their players, but I'd doubt they would come on the wages we'd pay. What I would do is strengthen our own squad, we're deffo be looking a bit thin if a few injuries kick in.

"Palmer and Mullin have a lot to offer apart from their goals. What does Landstaff offer if he's not scoring? Genuine question as based on what I've seen, it doesn’t appear to be a lot to me."

This quote from the thread is one of the daftest things I've ever read 🤣 Aside from the fact he can't even spell his name, it's right up there with Mrs Merton's question to Debbie McGee.

I mean, what does the equal top scorer of all five divisions of English football offer?

I’d take Palmer, just as he’d give us that long ball outlet when we need it. Mullins, obviously…think he is a level above Langstaff at this point in time to be honest…though I understand that will sound odd with how many Langstaff has netted already.

There was a RWB/LWB who played for them, an absolute solid unit, I’d take him too. The goal keeper is good…Laighnton? We do need to strengthen imo. We are going great guns atm and whilst Nemane has done really well I fear for us against the better teams getting at us down that side.

Where do we have quality cover for in our side? No-where really, JOB for Bajrami? Struggling to think of anywhere else, as the tepid performance against Coalville suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    "Palmer and Mullin have a lot to offer apart from their goals. What does Landstaff offer if he's not scoring? Genuine question as based on what I've seen, it doesn’t appear to be a lot to me."

This quote from the thread is one of the daftest things I've ever read 🤣 Aside from the fact he can't even spell his name, it's right up there with Mrs Merton's question to Debbie McGee.

I mean, what does the equal top scorer of all five divisions of English football offer?
    I can see where the poster is coming from. Langstaff has been a real poacher so far, but his all round play is nowhere near that of Mullins. Langstaff presses really well but his touch, creativity and physicality is not of the same level as Mullins. Hopefully I’m proved wrong.

Every starting XI can find a slot for a natural poacher and goalscorer who has scored more goals than everyone else in the league.

I'd take Mullins (impressed every time I've seen him play) over Scott, and Langstaff clearly over Palmer. Bar that I have no idea tbh. I know some of the names in their side but seem them enough to compare them to our players.

Both clubs have very impressive starting XIs, I suspect they have an advantage in squad depth.

Oh and I'd take LW over PP, which is more important than any of the above IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    That is an interesting thread, the usual mix of the sensible and the insane. Some would take Ollie Palmer over Langstaff hahaha.

I’d have Mullin and Hayden probably, but their midfield is very average for the money they’ve spent.

The theory that we’ve had an easier start than them is a myth. The stats are here;

https://www.soccerstats.com/table.as...ngland5&tid=10

We’ve had marginally the tougher start, but Chesterfield have had it tougher than either of us. If we’re still top after the next 4 games we’ll be in a very good position.
    Those stats are very interesting. What strikes me most is that the lauded home record by Wrexham fans is against teams who, on average, have earned 0.69 points per game away from home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast