+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley Post Match Thoughts

Burnley Post Match Thoughts

I don't think anything other than GUTTED can sum that one up! How can a 90 minute game of football take 2 hours and 10 minutes to complete? When we went down to 10 men I was watching and hoping that the 1 in their score wouldn't change to a 2 and then when it went 90+4...5...6... I just knew before it went final it would change to a 3. One thing it has shown though, we might be on the ropes at the moment but we have a team capable of holding their own in this league when they want to.

Thoughts?

Always the same against the so-called ‘bigger’ clubs. Play until they win…
    We have to make our own luck because we play against more than 11 men sometimes.

Didn't see it and I assume there was timewasting but 13 minutes extra time seems excessive.

Unlucky not to win that or even get a point
    Players apart from odd idiotic mistakes did themselves proud
    Play like that Saturday and we win

Great performance

Gutting for everyone concerned

Viktor should off holded onto the ball for there third.

But he kept us in it aswell.

The first foul by Bramhall was not a yellow card, it was Kompanys reaction to the challenge that got him booked. He actually looked like he apologised to Bramhall after the ref booked him.
    Their commentary team were shocking. Pleading for extra time constantly. When the board went up showing 10 minutes they were saying he'd got it wrong. If Lindsey could shoot We'd have taken something from that game. Chieo took his goal really well as did Wiles.
    We allow far too many crosses to come into the box and sit back allowing space for players to run at us at will, which is what led to the second goal.
    A far better performance than Cardiff, dust down and go again. The bottom 3 is ebbing ever closer.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Didn't see it and I assume there was timewasting but 13 minutes extra time seems excessive.
    It was actually 20 over the whole game, 45+7 and 90+13.

Immensely proud of the lads tonight. Shame it ended like it did. One thing I don't get was all the time wasting by N-C at the end, Ref's bound to add it on, it's Burnley, had he gone straight off they wouldn't have had the extra time to get their 3rd.....silly boy.

We have to praise all involved, I didn't believe we would have took them that far tonight on previous performances, BLOODY WELL DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I don't think anything other than GUTTED can sum that one up! How can a 90 minute game of football take 2 hours and 10 minutes to complete? When we went down to 10 men I was watching and hoping that the 1 in their score wouldn't change to a 2 and then when it went 90+4...5...6... I just knew before it went final it would change to a 3. One thing it has shown though, we might be on the ropes at the moment but we have a team capable of holding their own in this league when they want to.

Thoughts?
    Gutted is right but what a heroic performance from the lads. I expected us to get hammered but we might even have nicked it without the red card - second booking looked very harsh. The character of the team bodes well for the rest of the season.

I put £10 on us to win at 10-1at half time

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast