+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Documentary - Inside Non-League Football’s Funding Fiasco

Documentary - Inside Non-League Football’s Funding Fiasco

I think this has been mentioned on here before, but it looks like it will be released for free on YouTube tomorrow. It's about the way the covid lottery funding cash was distributed, and it looks like we were shafted. Trailer here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Insi...id:4O4Y1V3gYvY

Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting for this to cone out.

Cheers for that Elite. Looking forward to watching.

Yeah I mentioned it a while ago, been waiting for it. Cheers for the heads up.

Thanks for sharing Elite.

Many thanks for the information and link Elite. I do hope that one of our news agencies will pursue this, although I have my doubts.

Stuff I've seen around this suggests we lost out the most of any club. Given support in the bottom 5 on an approximate per-supporter basis, with double the average supporter base of anyone else in the bottom 10 and the highest average support of any of the included teams.

Definitely going to be following.
    Last edited by OchPie; 22-11-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    Stuff I've seen around this suggests we lost out the most of any club. Given support in the bottom 5 on an approximate per-supporter basis, with double the average supporter base of anyone else in the bottom 10 and the highest average support of any of the included teams.

Definitely going to be following.
    Boreham Wood plus others made money from it, far more than they would have done if the season had continued. Whereas we lost out and had the brothers have to prop it up out of their own pockets. The government promised that it would be attendance based but gave the money to NL to hand out. Surprise surprise they chose to hand most to NL league board members clubs!!

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...flawed-4637464

It now seems that it won't be available on YouTube until the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Boreham Wood plus others made money from it, far more than they would have done if the season had continued. Whereas we lost out and had the brothers have to prop it up out of their own pockets. The government promised that it would be attendance based but gave the money to NL to hand out. Surprise surprise they chose to hand most to NL league board members clubs!!

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...flawed-4637464
    And guess who was “Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport”, responsible for handing out the cash during the covid crisis?

… only Oliver Dowden, MP for Borehamwood.

Quelle Surprise!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast