+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One of those days!

One of those days!

Now I've had a few hours to calm down, I can reflect fairly on the game. Overall we played well. 1st half I think we could have stepped up a gear and played at a higher tempo, but that's being quite critical. 2nd half we did everything really and you just have to reflect on the fact it wasn't our day. If we'd played like that on another day it could have been a 4 or 5 nil victory.

Unfortunately, I think we've definitely put wrexham in the driving seat. Yes, there are still a lot of games left but I think a big difference between us and them is that they seem to find a way through in games like today.

I think any criticism against players or management after today is misguided. We're all frustrated and disappointed. We played well and restricted them to 2 shots. You know it's bad if Effiong scores against you... he looked hopeless today imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Unfortunately, I think we've definitely put wrexham in the driving seat. Yes, there are still a lot of games left but I think a big difference between us and them is that they seem to find a way through in games like today.
    The thing is, there isn't a big difference between us and them. Four points maximum if they win both their games in hand. It might be advantage Wrexham at present, but by no means is the title race over. It's not impossible that Wrexham could 'win out' from here on, but it's highly improbable. I think in our remaining games, if we can cut out conceding some of the avoidable goals we've conceded in recent times and keep a few more clean sheets, then we've still got every chance.

Immediately post match, I thought it's all over. Now I'm less emotive and more rational, I can see there's still a long way to go. But we'd be fools to not recognise it's now definitely advantage wrexham. We just need to make sure we do our bit and push all the way yo the end.

Now I've had a few hours to calm down, I can reflect fairly on the game. Overall we played well. 1st half I think we could have stepped up a gear and played at a higher tempo, but that's being quite critical. 2nd half we did everything really and you just have to reflect on the fact it wasn't our day. If we'd played like that on another day it could have been a 4 or 5 nil victory.

I think any criticism against players or management after today is misguided. We're all frustrated and disappointed. We played well and restricted them to 2 shots. You know it's bad if Effiong scores against you... he looked hopeless today imo.
    No iv though about it notts were crap

Wrexham will run out league winners by about 7 clear points in the end

Yes Wrexham find a way through with their 12th man the ref giving them penalties' that never were

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Wrexham will run out league winners by about 7 clear points in the end
    Quite likely be 7 to 10 points if we lose at Wrexham

The fact is they have been much better than us at home, and overall have had more points from other teams , if you take out the match we beat them we would be behind them, with them having 2 games in hand
    Not surprising the money, and the help from referees they get

It is possible Wrexham could slip up , and we get top , but not likely

We are considerably better than the rest, and will have to prove it in the play offs - simple as

The pressure is now on Wrexham, just a pity that Chesterfield on Tuesday now looks an easy game rather than a tricky one. If we carry on playing like we did today, Wrexham won't have much margin for error.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 26-02-2023 at 01:14 AM.

That is why having games in hand has helped Wrexham, if i believe correctly, Chesterfield were playing well when Wrexham were first meant to play them
    So not only do they have money, a 12th man, they now have luck as well

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    That is why having games in hand has helped Wrexham, if i believe correctly, Chesterfield were playing well when Wrexham were first meant to play them
    So not only do they have money, a 12th man, they now have luck as well
    So has our drawn home games.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast