+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Vanity Threads

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As already mentioned earlier it pales into insignificance when every football fan or all ages sees betting sites on a good proportion of football teams shirts on TV, then there is the pitch side advertising, and not forgetting Ray Winston et al encouraging betting on every other advert. Then if you still aren't convinced they need to prove their age with legitimate identification to sign up to any betting site. Online marketing is way worse than anything you will see on here.

In summary you really don't need to worry about a NCM thread that according to Pedro only 3 people are interested in.

If you or anyone is truly concerned about impressionable aged youngsters viewing this site then we should really tackle the bad language, any racist, xenophobic, homophobic language and suggestive innuendos, displays of online bullying first. These have been all too common in the past well before any O/T betting thread that interests only a handful of people, allegedly. We need to speak up about these first IMHO as they have been largely ignored from my experience.

How many kids read this board . how many kids read your gambling tips ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Considering apparently, only two people are interested in the 'Too big to ignore' thread, I am struggling to see how kids are going to be driven to gambling addiction. It is obviously a poor excuse to try and get the thread shut down. If this happens, then any EP Cheltenham or Grand National posts should be banned too, or anything resembling betting advice.
    I really doubt if any kids read this forum anyway.
    You seem to be confused. The thread itself only gets a response from 2 now maybe 3 people interested on what tips were posted. The other comments were from people saying what a waste of space this thread is. For some reason Laddo & you now seem to think people with this input are interested in his tips ( How Bizarre) its the complete opposite.
    Anyway that aside , people responding is different from people viewing. As is asked before , how many kids view these Gambling tips ?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    You seem to be confused. The thread itself only gets a response from 2 now maybe 3 people interested on what tips were posted. The other comments were from people saying what a waste of space this thread is. For some reason Laddo & you now seem to think people with this input are interested in his tips ( How Bizarre) its the complete opposite.
    Anyway that aside , people responding is different from people viewing. As is asked before , how many kids view these Gambling tips ?
    How do you know that any do?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    How do you know that any do?
    That's the whole point, any child is allowed to log onto County Mad , i believe there is no age limit. Therefore one should firmly believe that kids from a moderate age up to 18 would be reading this board.

And there it is.

True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
    Not at all, the problem is you can’t differentiate or reason, if it’s not what you like you like / want to hear your immediately try to mock or bully that person. Try a different mindset and you might find people Change their opinion of you!

Although this is in essence a 'next to nothing' thread, I'm glad PedroTheFisherman66 asked this question as it highlights something important , well in NCM terms important anyway that needs addressing.

I have no idea how many kids read this board or how many kids read the O/T gambling thread. If I picked a number it would be a complete guess. It would be rather silly and embarrassing to try and suggest I know.

Just like it's a silly and embarrassing to claim to know what games other people that I don't know went to, when someone first started going to see Notts at Meadow Lane, or that one person uses two or more usernames. I have no idea, I have no proof , just a guess.

Now Pedro believes (guesses) that only 3 people are interested in the tips. What does he base this on? Responses on that specific O/T about the tips. He appears to assume that unless you post on the thread you can't be interested. Now I strongly disagree with that but let's run with it.

Now I don't know the exact age of Drillerpie, Magpies1959 or Elite Pie but based on a lot that they've said in the past I'm very confident they are all well over 18. So if nobody else is interested because they don't reply on the thread, on that assumption, no kids are interested in it, as they aren't posting.

Now as you rightly highlighted all the "other comments were from people saying what a waste of space this thread is..." Which is fair enough if that's your opinion and fully allowed to state that opinion. But surely you only have to say it's a "waste of space" or words to that effect once or twice? Look how many views and posts the seemingly popular O/T betting thread has had to date?! So how many times are these same named people saying it? Crazy! Lol

Finally I agree, no age restrictions on NCM so you would be right to assume that all ages of supporters read the message board.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Not at all, the problem is you can’t differentiate or reason, if it’s not what you like you like / want to hear your immediately try to mock or bully that person. Try a different mindset and you might find people Change their opinion of you!
    We will have to agree to disagree with your viewpoint.

However my question based on your comments is do you believe anybody else mocks or bullies another person on NCM? Or is it just me in your opinion?

Interested to hear your observations on this.

We will have to agree to disagree with your viewpoint.

However my question based on your comments is do you believe anybody else mocks or bullies another person on NCM? Or is it just me in your opinion?

Interested to hear your observations on this.
    It’s about balance, if you can have mostly balanced discussions and the odd couple get into spats then I accept that, that’s life and you move on. I’m a great believer if you give it then you have to be able to take it in return, no one genuinely wants to see anyone banned from here who has good input, but your ‘great posts’ are overshadowed by relentless belittling. Just try tweaking it a little… as for the betting thread, I genuinely have no problem with it if it’s in front of the right eyes, that’s why I’d like to see a Off Topic Forum so the board could be ‘tidier that’s all’.

I didn't see an answer so will ask again do you believe anybody else mocks or bullies another person on NCM? Or is it just me in your opinion?

Trust me I'm all for balance (not bias), and as you know take more than my fair share, to say the least lol. Water off a ducks back to me so absolutely nae bother.

If NCM wants to structure the topics differently that's fine by me, quite like the idea tbh.

Saying that close seasons are often like this as it's a naturally quiet period and as pointed out, of the O/T betting thread was just left to those who are interested and not regularly hijacked by the same few people then it wouldn't be an issue to anyone. It also wouldn't have spawned the other O/T threads (i.e. weather) that you would say clog the board.

Sadly we are unlikely to ever know now.

I didn't see an answer so will ask again do you believe anybody else mocks or bullies another person on NCM? Or is it just me in your opinion?

Trust me I'm all for balance (not bias), and as you know take more than my fair share, to say the least lol. Water off a ducks back to me so absolutely nae bother.
    Yes to your first point, but you take it too far past the point of what should be acceptable, where most others know where the line is, the more you push the more people bite back and is what you perceive as being attacked.

And your second point is the key one, just because it’s ok for you doesn’t mean it’s acceptable for every one else and that’s where you need to pull back from.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast