+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robin

Robin

Hi pal. I just wanted to apologise and ask how you are feeling?
    I know its been a good while since you had been poorly, and it has always been on my mind. Despite me not always asking, you are in my thoughts mate.
    It was a big thing, and I just hope and pray that you have made a full recovery, how are you mate?

Hi phill
    First of all thankyou for asking how I am.
    I still get asked,which I nice.
    It's coming up to 1 year since it happened and despite feeling tired about 9.30 onwards(could be age)and my speech going a bit wonky occasionally,I am feeling quite good.
    In all fairness I was quite fortunate and it gave me the excuse to give up smoking.
    So every cloud and all that.
    Still like a drink every now and again but what it has given me is a different outlook on life.
    I still don't know what caused it but the doctors seem satisfied with all the tests.
    Thanks again for asking mate.
    Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Hi phill
    First of all thankyou for asking how I am.
    I still get asked,which I nice.
    It's coming up to 1 year since it happened and despite feeling tired about 9.30 onwards(could be age)and my speech going a bit wonky occasionally,I am feeling quite good.
    In all fairness I was quite fortunate and it gave me the excuse to give up smoking.
    So every cloud and all that.
    Still like a drink every now and again but what it has given me is a different outlook on life.
    I still don't know what caused it but the doctors seem satisfied with all the tests.
    Thanks again for asking mate.
    Much appreciated.
    I need to be a better person, these things are important mate. You getting better, living life everyday with your wonderful caring family, and good mates. I have known you for years, I care, I should ask you more.
    Equally you have known me for years, and we both know how much of an arrogant to$$ser I become once the football season starts. I will at times come in at you for no reason, and none of that is important. I spend too much time caring about that stuff! I just dont want that to over-take the real important stuff. The fact we can sit here talking ****e.
    In the heat of battle next season after I'm on one after a 1-0 defat to fkng Hull remind me of this!

I'm glad its given you a chance to stop smoking. No matter what, that's adding health and time back to your life.
    Drinking in moderation is okay I think mate. Having a new out-look on life is totally understandable after what you went through. Don't lose sight of that, every day we get through is a good one. Fk the news, the constant hammering we all get financially from the bent wa*ker$ who run this country. The endless ****e thrown at us online, in our media, the fkng cost of living crisis, immigrants, Philip Fkng Schofield ....fk all that .....the really important stuff is you your health, family. We are all being fkd, we all need to stick together and look out for one another I think. We are living in weird times.
    I know it will leave you wondering what caused it, but let the Doctors do those tests, and if they say 'crack on with your life', and take it easy, then go do that. Enjoy it. If you ever venture up North I live in a really nice place called Grange Over Sands (Alf will have heard of it) it is overlooking Morecambe Bay. But it is also in the Lake District, so very close to the really beautiful parts. Come visit me, I have a nice apartment on the Sea front, plenty of room. Its a really lovely little hidden gem of a place.

Just glad to hear your okay, no worries.

Nice thread lads,nice to see you are both okay ..I'm 72 now and (touch wood ) keeping going,lots of walking and cycling.etc..Hey Champs,I was in Grange three weeks ago,what a great place to live,I love it up there. Done the walk across the sands a few times with Cedric,who unfortunately has now passed away. My in laws used to have a static caravan up there in the 70's so used to go regularly. You are right about the football though,we all need to chill out and enjoy life ..phook the football.lol

Thanks again phill and I might take you up on that offer at some point.
    I am up north the first week of August at cayton bay(stones throw of Scarborough)shame its the other side of the UK.
    20 of us going up.
    It will be a good opportunity to relax and unwind.
    Thanks for the support lads.
    I am quite fortunate to have a decent network with family and friends,who are around for the highs and lows.
    Thankyou for being there.
    We will bicker and fight over the course of the season but I know its football and its just a game.
    We will still remain friends beyond any arguments we have.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Nice thread lads,nice to see you are both okay ..I'm 72 now and (touch wood ) keeping going,lots of walking and cycling.etc..Hey Champs,I was in Grange three weeks ago,what a great place to live,I love it up there. Done the walk across the sands a few times with Cedric,who unfortunately has now passed away. My in laws used to have a static caravan up there in the 70's so used to go regularly. You are right about the football though,we all need to chill out and enjoy life ..phook the football.lol
    ah bloody hell Alf!! I am gutted you where up and I didn't let you know. I live pretty much on the front down near the duck pond, near the station. I did that walk with my Dad. Cedric certainly was a big personality. I love how all that knowledge gets passed down from one person to the next re the walk, where to go etc. As I type this, there are a loads out on the walk as we speak. The tides etc change so much year to year so they walk much further out at the moment. Next time, pop me a message on here, and we can meet up. Yes, I do feel lucky to be up here, my parents live here so its great.

I have to bring up how I get in the quiet times so people know I am just a knobhead once it all starts! I should just apologise for everything I say & do between August - May.
    Some things have happened over the past year or so which have really shook me and made me see there are just so many important things in life. Football is just a distraction as we navigate our way through life. Me? I think I take out my anger of what is happening in my life through football. Which is bat-**** crazy. I hope you lads know deep down I genuinely like you both very much, and enjoy your company, just sometimes I struggle to show that.
    Alf, you sound like you are doing damn well at 72, being fit & healthy is the only important thing!

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Thanks again phill and I might take you up on that offer at some point.
    I am up north the first week of August at cayton bay(stones throw of Scarborough)shame its the other side of the UK.
    20 of us going up.
    It will be a good opportunity to relax and unwind.
    Thanks for the support lads.
    I am quite fortunate to have a decent network with family and friends,who are around for the highs and lows.
    Thankyou for being there.
    We will bicker and fight over the course of the season but I know its football and its just a game.
    We will still remain friends beyond any arguments we have.
    Yes mate, offer is always there its the other coast from where you will be going in Aug, but hopefully there will be other times. Sounds like that will be ace over in Cayton Bay. You just make sure you enjoy it, great to be around so many people, bet you have a great time mate.
    I am glad you always seem to take me with a pinch of salt, and know while I do moan on, I really do care. I should say so more often.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    ah bloody hell Alf!! I am gutted you where up and I didn't let you know. I live pretty much on the front down near the duck pond, near the station. I did that walk with my Dad. Cedric certainly was a big personality. I love how all that knowledge gets passed down from one person to the next re the walk, where to go etc. As I type this, there are a loads out on the walk as we speak. The tides etc change so much year to year so they walk much further out at the moment. Next time, pop me a message on here, and we can meet up. Yes, I do feel lucky to be up here, my parents live here so its great.

I have to bring up how I get in the quiet times so people know I am just a knobhead once it all starts! I should just apologise for everything I say & do between August - May.
    Some things have happened over the past year or so which have really shook me and made me see there are just so many important things in life. Football is just a distraction as we navigate our way through life. Me? I think I take out my anger of what is happening in my life through football. Which is bat-**** crazy. I hope you lads know deep down I genuinely like you both very much, and enjoy your company, just sometimes I struggle to show that.
    Alf, you sound like you are doing damn well at 72, being fit & healthy is the only important thing!
    We used to go up every year in our motorhome at Easter and stay on Cartmel racecourse Champs. Unfortunately they have stopped doing the meets since covid struck,so now we visit the odd day in summer by train from Carnforth when we are stopping at Bolton le Sands in our motorhome. Will get in touch if I'm anywhere near and we can meet up and have a pint,or coffee in the cafe near the open air pool.Shame they shut that had some great Memories of going there. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We used to go up every year in our motorhome at Easter and stay on Cartmel racecourse Champs. Unfortunately they have stopped doing the meets since covid struck,so now we visit the odd day in summer by train from Carnforth when we are stopping at Bolton le Sands in our motorhome. Will get in touch if I'm anywhere near and we can meet up and have a pint,or coffee in the cafe near the open air pool.Shame they shut that had some great Memories of going there. 👍
    So, I have some good news on the Lido in Grange. I have always loved it, and thought it was a massive waste to have it decaying away. As Morecambe Bay is getting huge funding for the Eden Project, all of Morecambe bay will receive portions of that funding. Which is for BOTH sides of the Bay, not just morecambe. The great news is the Lido is going to get a huge revamp. I have heard they will possibly not re-fill the pool, but will build a seating garden area with a cafe in the grounds of where the Lido is. Also they are going to put lights on the sea front, meaning people can walk at night. I take my dog out there every night, so it will be great for the town.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    So, I have some good news on the Lido in Grange. I have always loved it, and thought it was a massive waste to have it decaying away. As Morecambe Bay is getting huge funding for the Eden Project, all of Morecambe bay will receive portions of that funding. Which is for BOTH sides of the Bay, not just morecambe. The great news is the Lido is going to get a huge revamp. I have heard they will possibly not re-fill the pool, but will build a seating garden area with a cafe in the grounds of where the Lido is. Also they are going to put lights on the sea front, meaning people can walk at night. I take my dog out there every night, so it will be great for the town.
    Look forward to visiting when it's done Champs,if I'm still around. 👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)