+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Glastonbury Highlights

O/T:- Glastonbury Highlights

Quite liked Rick Ashley doing Highway to
    Hell 😂😂… and Dave Grohl with Guns n Roses …Anyone else’s highlights??
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-06-2023 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Nothing in particular against the performers, but Glastonbury for me feels increasingly like Soccer AM: it should have been left in the 1990's where the context felt right.

Overall underwhelming lineup compared to past years but still very enjoyed viewing all weekend.

Highlights to date:

Royal Blood - knocked it out the park again. So much noise and energy from Brighton's finest. Must watch.

Guns and Roses - 2nd half was hit after hit after hit and a great spectacle. Slash was off the charts.

Rick Astley - good bit of fun , perfect for that time slot.

Jacob Collier - how have I not heard about this incredibly talented multi instrumentalist. Funk, fun and the harmony thing he did with the crowd at the end was insanely unexpectedly impressive. Absolute sleeper hit for me.

Honourable mentions: The Lathams, Gabriels, Maggie Rogers

Very much looking forward to seeing Elton John and guests, plus my boy Thundercat later tonight.

lucky to have had such lifechangingly brilliant 5 (?) Glasto trips that all I get now is a wave of painful nostalgia and wish I was there balls. Good to see Chrissie Hynde and Jonny Marr ganging up.

last time there I was somewhere in this mosh:

Smash Hits for the middleclasses, it's a no from me.

I did catch Debbie Harry when I turned my tele on after being away all weekend and promptly turned it off again, it was painful to listen to!!! I play guitar played in a few bands and roadied for some big names but Glastonbury lost it's feel for me decades ago.

Arctic Monkeys were a 4/10 disappointment. Slow start and never got going.

If Guns N' Roses were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.

Can't stand the screeching vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Smash Hits for the middleclasses, it's a no from me.
    fair comment - remember v.posey crowd at Rage Against the Machine and Manics sets there - but unless you go way back, it was always thus

Would love too have seen Rage Against The Machine live with upper classes, middle-classes, or the working class. Anyone, wouldn't care.

I had some of the best times on drugs watching and showing friends the film of the 1971 Glastonbury festival (I turned 2 that year) as well as Isle of Wight 1970. I was still at school the first time I saw a clip from Glastonbury 71 of the naked women rolling around in mud, used in "Operation Julie" - a mid 1980s drama about the LSD busts, they were showing the film to the undercover cops to educate them to the effects of the drug. I realised at that moment I'd been born 20 years too late, everyone was listening Wham or U2 by then. The busts basically took LSD off the streets from 76 until the acid revival in the very late 80s/early 90s, then things got interesting again.
    Don't think I've ever watched more than a single second (whilst swapping channels) of any GF held since 71. Totally different world altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I had some of the best times on drugs
    That explains a lot of your posts then 😂😂😂

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast