+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Support For Matt Taylor

Support For Matt Taylor

Sunday was dire, awful and unacceptable ,but I'm sure if we'd just lost 2 nil to Cardiff no one would be taking about a new manager.
    When you look at last season we've had a terrible start, and for us to now get out of the bottom 3 will be very hard,but far from impossible.
    So I say give Taylor while Christmas, which is probably another 10 games, if there's no improvement then get someone else in.

Nothing wrong with the Coventry performance or result and that was less than a week ago
    So I can’t follow your logic when you want some improvement

We need to improve certain aspects such as away from the NYS

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Coventry performance or result and that was less than a week ago
    So I can’t follow your logic when you want some improvement

We need to improve certain aspects such as away from the NYS
    Agree home form ok. Good enough to keep us up. Away form not. Needs to be a big rethink about how we play and set up away to grind out some points. Dunt have to be pretty.

Don’t want to talk about previous managers because there’s too much arguing over that but I think context is needed.
    Steve Evans
    Was successful but how many poor signings how many bad performances did we have. He was given time to achieve.
    Paul Warne
    Was successful but how many poor performances how many long ball infective tactics, games did we watch.
    He was given time to achieve.

Matt Taylor
    Has made mistakes had poor games but has had some success keeping us up.
    He needs to be given time like other managers have had.

Neil Redfern should have been given time and he didn’t get it. Some of our fan base have become so entitled it’s embarrassingly stupid.
    Yes Sunday was bad but if we win Saturday it’s 7 points from 12 hardly disastrous.

Steve Evans he's not a Warnock type manager to take over a struggling side.

Matt Taylor what was he thinking Sunday playing Morrison leaving Odoffin on the bench? Cafu Fred should have been substituted at half time. Mcguckin not Clucas on for Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Steve Evans he's not a Warnock type manager to take over a struggling side.

Matt Taylor what was he thinking Sunday playing Morrison leaving Odoffin on the bench? Cafu Fred should have been substituted at half time. Mcguckin not Clucas on for Fred.
    Is it impossible for you to stick to the topic of the OP are you really that simple ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Don’t want to talk about previous managers because there’s too much arguing over that but I think context is needed.
    Steve Evans
    Was successful but how many poor signings how many bad performances did we have. He was given time to achieve.
    Paul Warne
    Was successful but how many poor performances how many long ball infective tactics, games did we watch.
    He was given time to achieve.

Matt Taylor
    Has made mistakes had poor games but has had some success keeping us up.
    He needs to be given time like other managers have had.

Neil Redfern should have been given time and he didn’t get it. Some of our fan base have become so entitled it’s embarrassingly stupid.
    Yes Sunday was bad but if we win Saturday it’s 7 points from 12 hardly disastrous.
    I agree with pretty much all that Pocket and I personally don't want the manager sacked. My problem with all that's happened is that since MT has been here, just over 12 months, I still dont know exactly how he wants us to play. At home we have played some great football with wins against Norwich and Coventry, we should have beaten Blackburn and we gave Leicester a real game too but away from home we look lethargic, slow everything down and just cannot keep hold of the ball. If he sets us up to defend then we have to have a counter attacking threat but I haven't seen much of that, and we continue to do the same thing, and whilst injuries have blighted us this season it's not all down to that and the manager has to carry the can for the woeful away performances.
    I do fear for us already and I dont think TS will send him packing but our January window is becoming critical for us, I just hope we aren't adrift by then. UTM

The first half against coventry was awful, the first 30 mins against southampton should have been 4 or 5, away from we have been awful and nobody can defend our away record. He will be given until the watford game, and to get that long 3 points will be a must on saturday, a good performance against ipswich and a minimum of a solid point at watford. I hope he takes a step back has a look at himself and his coaches and refocuses the team and gets 5 or 7 points from those games. I want him to suceed but i see very little at the moment to think he will.

Not only us fans need to give maximum support on Saturday but the players owe this club as well ,after that abject performance at Hillsborough.For some reason we seem to see a different approach at home.We have seen some really good encounters at home and this must continue against QPR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I agree with pretty much all that Pocket and I personally don't want the manager sacked. My problem with all that's happened is that since MT has been here, just over 12 months, I still dont know exactly how he wants us to play. At home we have played some great football with wins against Norwich and Coventry, we should have beaten Blackburn and we gave Leicester a real game too but away from home we look lethargic, slow everything down and just cannot keep hold of the ball. If he sets us up to defend then we have to have a counter attacking threat but I haven't seen much of that, and we continue to do the same thing, and whilst injuries have blighted us this season it's not all down to that and the manager has to carry the can for the woeful away performances.
    I do fear for us already and I dont think TS will send him packing but our January window is becoming critical for us, I just hope we aren't adrift by then. UTM
    I don’t know but perhaps we just try the Home tactics when playing away. Can’t be any worse

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast