+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    No rangers player has ever tugged a shirt or hand balled it in the box, in 68 league games

It’s got to the point now that if you’re attending these games, you’re part of the problem. I’m going to sit them out after the cup final.
    We're not going to be allowed to win the final.

I like my fitba and going to games, but it's a chore going to watch the Hun games. Celtic aren't much better, but that's basically cause we're scared sh*tless of them before a ball is kicked.

We may give referees easy decisions to make by playing like we did second half, but we don't have to do much for the ref to blow the whistle.

All you want is a bit of consistency on the pitch, but no team is seeing that when they play the Hun.

Someone needs to call it out, but we all know nothing will happen.

The big issue for me is not so much the award of the penalty as technically it probably was but why aren't these being given all the time in every other game for all teams, if they did and there was a bunch of penalties in every game for a while that would soon put a stop to players doing this and by default put a stop to the cheating that is blatantly obvious with only sevco being regularly awarded penalties like this.

My other big bugbear from today was why did Robson only put on 3 subs when it was obvious the likes of Shinnie was out of legs, I know that Barron is not everyone's cup of tea but a fresh pair of legs in midfield with 15 minutes to go might just have made the difference.

Maybe he plans to start Barron on Thursday and didn't want to risk him getting injured.

The other thing I just noticed is that the Huns have had 8 penalties in the last 7 games which includes them getting 2 penalties in 2 of the games after they missed the first penalty

I don’t watch that much of their games but I did notice today that their players fall down quite easily all over the pitch.

You can’t blame them for doing that if they are getting that much decisions I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The big issue for me is not so much the award of the penalty as technically it probably was but why aren't these being given all the time in every other game for all teams, if they did and there was a bunch of penalties in every game for a while that would soon put a stop to players doing this and by default put a stop to the cheating that is blatantly obvious with only sevco being regularly awarded penalties like this.

My other big bugbear from today was why did Robson only put on 3 subs when it was obvious the likes of Shinnie was out of legs, I know that Barron is not everyone's cup of tea but a fresh pair of legs in midfield with 15 minutes to go might just have made the difference.
    That’s what I thought - Shinnie gives us a bit of drive for sure but his ball retention was terrible throughout and he was spent for most of the second half. We need to be able to hold onto the ball against the referee/SFA/Cheeks with the obstacles that are put in our way even before a ball is kicked.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 529
Size:  25.8 KB

Was the ball actually in play when Stefan was holding Goldsons sleeve ?

And , as an aside WHO is the Referee ( and more importantly the car judge ?( For the Final ??

Clancy , I bet he magically never refs a Dandies v Jun's game ever again ?;!!

Battled hard. Good 1st half, but that 2nd half was just dreadful. Nowhere near acceptable. Our ball retention was an absolute joke. We’re supposed to be at home ffs.

Seriously, for well paid professional footballers to be simply incapable of controlling and retaining possession of the ball like that is ridiculous.

That should not be a pen, but Gartenmann can’t grab like that - especially against them & the officials.

As I said, we battled hard - especially the defence - but its becoming a running theme that we just cannot defend high balls and crosses into the box. Look at the number of free headers the hun had yesterday - a ridiculous number, & they are far from the first side to get this.

I’ve seen a lot of praise for Gartenmann. He’s got some attributes, but he’s actually terrible in the air. Not a good thing in Scottish fitba.

A few other random thoughts.

Sokler & Bojan linked well first half. Worth persevering with that. Fabulous flick on fae Ester, but he’s got to score than one on one.

Miovski has improved his all round game immeasurably this season. He’s a first class striker now & will make us a good few quid.

Thought Devlin was good again. Honest pro who puts in a shift every week.

Shinnie was dreadful. Ran like he was pulling a caravan and couldn’t keep hold of the ball at all. I’ve had concerns for a few weeks, but he said at the semi he had flu so I let it go. Honestly though, it’s looking affa like his legs have gone. We need to beef up midfield in January big time.

A draw is not the worst result in the world, but that 2nd half is why I don’t bother with arse cheek games anymore. £35 to watch us meekly surrender possession and all attacking intent, does not a good day out make. Then there’s the usual bias on top too.

That’s not gonna hack it at Hampden. I’m nae sure our great leader will have any other thoughts on how to play there though…
    Last edited by The_Moog; 27-11-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Was the ball actually in play when Stefan was holding Goldsons sleeve ?

And , as an aside WHO is the Referee ( and more importantly the car judge ?( For the Final ??

Clancy , I bet he magically never refs a Dandies v Jun's game ever again ?;!!
    I think he has let go of shirt just before corner kick is taken and so technically has not committed the foul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjyWE6gLhtw 2.08

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    I think he has let go of shirt just before corner kick is taken and so technically has not committed the foul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjyWE6gLhtw 2.08
    I was at the game and didn't really know why the penalty was given. Saw it yesterday and it is amazing how der hun get these little advantages whereas the rest of us that make up the league would get nothing if down the other end.

Undoubtedly we were shyte in the second half, but that was the only way they were scoring.

Just like YouTube, where you have to watch the adverts before you see the content you want. Might be best instead of kick off for all hun games they just to get the penalty over with at the beginning and see how things pan out.

VAR can GTF and then when it gets to f*ck it can f*ck right off again.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast