+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Prostrate cancer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17,053

    Prostrate cancer

    Some sort of screening programme should be top of the NHS priority list.

    I know it's proving slightly more difficult to get a reliable blood test but as I say should be right up there on the priority list.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,511
    That sort of thing would only happen if it affected women, blacks, Asians (not Chinese), gays or trannies more than straight white men.

    We just don't matter enough.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    That sort of thing would only happen if it affected women, blacks, Asians (not Chinese), gays or trannies more than straight white men.

    We just don't matter enough.
    I'd like to think that isn't the case.....but I do think women's health takes a bit more priority in Scotland

    Think black men are higher risk of prostate cancer.

    But it takes so many too in the prime of life.

    Breast screening must have saved tens of thousands since it's Inception.

    Why I bring it up is the advert on TV that says you are entitled to a blood test if over 50......the reality seems to be very different.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd like to think that isn't the case.....but I do think women's health takes a bit more priority in Scotland

    Think black men are higher risk of prostate cancer.

    But it takes so many too in the prime of life.

    Breast screening must have saved tens of thousands since it's Inception.

    Why I bring it up is the advert on TV that says you are entitled to a blood test if over 50......the reality seems to be very different.
    The health authorities should be investigating if the cloud of radioactive particles from the Chernobyl explosion on 26th April 1986 which spread eastwards over the U.K. at the beginning of May 1986 has increased the number of cancer cases since then.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The health authorities should be investigating if the cloud of radioactive particles from the Chernobyl explosion on 26th April 1986 which spread eastwards over the U.K. at the beginning of May 1986 has increased the number of cancer cases since then.
    And how do you propose they do that?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    And how do you propose they do that?
    Just humour him, it's one of his pet theories.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    29,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Some sort of screening programme should be top of the NHS priority list.

    I know it's proving slightly more difficult to get a reliable blood test but as I say should be right up there on the priority list.
    When I had one the doctor said to me ‘pull your knees up to your chest, relax, and try not to get an erection Robert. I said my names not Robert, he said no it’s mine…’

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    17,053
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    When I had one the doctor said to me ‘pull your knees up to your chest, relax, and try not to get an erection Robert. I said my names not Robert, he said no it’s mine…’
    😁

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    When I had one the doctor said to me ‘pull your knees up to your chest, relax, and try not to get an erection Robert. I said my names not Robert, he said no it’s mine…’
    Haven't heard that one for many, many years - thanks for the memory

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    And how do you propose they do that?
    The information is freely available on the internet what happened when the Chernobyl fallout cloud spread westwards over the U.K. at the beginning of May 1986.
    It should not be difficult for health professionals to investigate the number of deaths where Carcinoma is listed as a cause of death on a death certificate before the beginning of May 1986 and post May 1986.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •