+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Spurs

NUFC vs Spurs

Got to admit, after Thursday night, I'm not looking forward to this.

I don't doubt Eddie or the players and if any manager is capable of getting his team to perform under these circumstances, it's him, I genuinely believe that...but...the way Spurs play is going to cause us big problems. Our lads were dead on their feet against Everton and aren't going to get any respite today because of Spurs' press.

On the plus side, we'll actually have a first-teamer on the bench because Longstaff is back in contention.

Above all, and I include myself in this, we'll need to keep a bit of persoective if it all goes tits up because context, in terms of injuries affecting every aspect of our game, is key. Sorry to start with such a negative vibe on a match thread but if Everton looked a game too far, I don't know what that makes this. Hopefully I'll look back on this post and mentally kick myself. Or maybe I'll actually physically do it. (ironically, I'll only be around for the first half so won't be around to do it until I get back in-hate the half 4 Sunday kick offs)

Yes - I’m hoping Eddie and the lads’ll surprise me again as they have many times before. If it was at home I’d be more confident.

The only upside is Spurs are struggling but teams seem to always turn it atound against us. I'd take a draw now.

Somehow got my name back!!! Agree Zip, not looking forward to the game, plus...... if I want to see it I`ll have to go to mother in law`s early to watch it there as dinner is 5pm no exceptions. Upside is it`ll be full on roast beef and she`s a great cook. HWTL doubtless dr doom will have shot the whole squad by half time and been sent to bed early

Quote Originally Posted by coastferret View Post
    Somehow got my name back!!! Agree Zip, not looking forward to the game, plus...... if I want to see it I`ll have to go to mother in law`s early to watch it there as dinner is 5pm no exceptions. Upside is it`ll be full on roast beef and she`s a great cook. HWTL doubtless dr doom will have shot the whole squad by half time and been sent to bed early
    😁 The problem is, there will be fans who will genuinely start having a go if we're getting beat at half time.

At that True Fairh event, Mark Douglas made a really good point, saying that we need to cherish Eddie Howe (which we do) especially when things aren't going our way because we're so lucky to have him.

Well said. 100%

Unchanged the big worry is players will get tired yet again Hall should have come in at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    😁 The problem is, there will be fans who will genuinely start having a go if we're getting beat at half time.

At that True Fairh event, Mark Douglas made a really good point, saying that we need to cherish Eddie Howe (which we do) especially when things aren't going our way because we're so lucky to have him.
    We are no different to all clubs,we have our "johnny come lately" crowd who have never experienced the REAL bad times, and expect to win every game, not gonna happen.As for the spurs game, imo the AC Milan match is of more importance, short term, and I would rest half the team,the squad proved against Manoooo that they can be relied on,so lets do it, we might lose, so what, we can make up lost ground after Jan, and when we have a full squad back, weve gone on runs in the past we can do it again, and other teams will go through it as well. We are only half way through the season, long way to go yet.This might go against Eddies philosophy, and whatever he decides is ok with me, the blokes up there with the best of em for me,and yes we are lucky to have, not just him, but the whole team, owners, coaches and staff, so there!

Wilson and Longstaff on the bench which is awesome to see, but I’m surprised we are paying the same 11 again.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Wilson and Longstaff on the bench which is awesome to see, but I’m surprised we are paying the same 11 again.
    I didn’t want the same 11 but was pretty sure Eddie would.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)