+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rebecca Welsh

Rebecca Welsh

I'm sure many of us remember Rebecca from the Accrington boxing day away game last season when she gave a particular poor performance to say the least , absolutely stunned when she gave Accrington that penalty late on for handball against Andersen .

Anyway she's just got promoted to the Premier League and takes charge of Fulham v Burnley tomorrow .

A meteoric rise , it seems to have taken Welsh half the time it generally takes OTHER referees to reach the highest level !!! .

The usual suspects are welcoming diversity and other warm words as part of the fanfare and it will be interesting to see how Welch performs and if her meteoric actually meets reality rather than the positive discrimination box tick .

It's just another controversy to add to the corrupt nature of the Premier league. The world we live in stinks. The natural way up life's ladder has been totally taken out of the equation thanks to the modern mentality of equal rights being taken to extreme levels, thus elevating a person's status within an industry because of their gender.

Be seen to be doing. Nothing more, nothing less. Pathetic in my opinion.

My mind got mixed up with that fine actress Raquel Welch so was expecting something different.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    My mind got mixed up with that fine actress Raquel Welch so was expecting something different.
    Raquel Welch certainly had a couple of assets to be admired !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's just another controversy to add to the corrupt nature of the Premier league. The world we live in stinks. The natural way up life's ladder has been totally taken out of the equation thanks to the modern mentality of equal rights being taken to extreme levels, thus elevating a person's status within an industry because of their gender.

Be seen to be doing. Nothing more, nothing less. Pathetic in my opinion.
    You are right Pass , I believe whilst the young lady in question deserves every opportunity to get to the top so do all the other reffs who are climbing the ladder , now it has to be expected that whilst learning her trade she will have one or two bad days at the office well she certainly had one when she oversaw our game with Accrington ,she was shocking !! It is obvious they are fast tracking her to the top and whist I have an opinion about this I am afraid I must keep my council & my thoughts to myself & that I am afraid is the saddest thing about this , society deems now that every comment you make is analysed & scrutinised to a point that it is just not worth the hassle & I think everyone knows where I am coming from .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    You are right Pass , I believe whilst the young lady in question deserves every opportunity to get to the top so do all the other reffs who are climbing the ladder , now it has to be expected that whilst learning her trade she will have one or two bad days at the office well she certainly had one when she oversaw our game with Accrington ,she was shocking !! It is obvious they are fast tracking her to the top and whist I have an opinion about this I am afraid I must keep my council & my thoughts to myself & that I am afraid is the saddest thing about this , society deems now that every comment you make is analysed & scrutinised to a point that it is just not worth the hassle & I think everyone knows where I am coming from .
    I certainly do Shad but don't let the buggas silence you I say , what's reight is reight and what's wrong is wrong .

She's been fast tracked on a diversity ticket and her ability to officiate at PL isn't known , men have to do the hard yards .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I certainly do Shad but don't let the buggas silence you I say , what's reight is reight and what's wrong is wrong .

She's been fast tracked on a diversity ticket and her ability to officiate at PL isn't known , men have to do the hard yards .
    Precisely , how many up & coming officials who are putting the hard yards in are getting the same leg up , we all know she is getting fast tracked , I just hope for all others who are trying to get up the ladder that it is a level playing field , somehow I think not .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Surprised you could type…..