+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Isak and Gordon out

  1. #1

    Isak and Gordon out

    So looks like it'll be a first start for Harvey Barnes tomorrow with Wilson up front..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    So looks like it'll be a first start for Harvey Barnes tomorrow with Wilson up front..
    That's a heavy blow, we could have done with one or both of them for this game.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25,510
    Big blow as Gordon, for me, has been the standout player for us. He's a key player in the way our system works but, hopefully, Barnes can step into his shoes .

    Wilson is far less mobile than Isak but is a good finisher so, hopefully, will get chances he can put away.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Big blow as Gordon, for me, has been the standout player for us. He's a key player in the way our system works but, hopefully, Barnes can step into his shoes .

    Wilson is far less mobile than Isak but is a good finisher so, hopefully, will get chances he can put away.
    Yeah Defo Gordon as ben player of the season so far. Absolutely class throughout. Always 100% effort, guile and quality. Some great goals, finishes and assists. 90% of the time he's in the right place at the right time to assert pressure, cause mistakes or take advantage to be the genuine difference on the pitch.

    Isak is a great finisher, absolutely quality. Brilliant movement, great on the ball, a top, top player. We need to get to a place where he is present in tip top condition for 25+ games a season.

    Both will be missed. Wilson will need to plug the game, he's more than capable on his day, as you mention different style of player, more between the stick & running the channels than play from out to in from the wides.

    In Barnes we have a genuine goal threat.

    so 2 in, 2 out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    46,376
    Good to see Barnes back properly. . . I just hope we don't run him ragged and then re-injury him :S

  6. #6
    I'd rather see Barnes brought on as an impact player for now and play Miggy and Murphy.
    The last thing we need to do is rush a player back too early for too long a match period.

    I wouldn't put it past Eddie to play with 3 centre halves using Burn as the third and Tino at left back.

    I think this would scupper forests wing pace and still offer us a route to 3 points.
    As much as some think Burn is susceptible to pacey wingers (which he obviously can be) he's also a major cog defensively and offensively, especially at set pieces both defensively and offensively.

    Wilson up front and time for a youngster to try and impact the game later on. Maybe Ben Parkinson.
    It's not ideal I know but we may see change like this, or I could be totally wrong which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

    Just thinking out loud.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    I'd rather see Barnes brought on as an impact player for now and play Miggy and Murphy.
    The last thing we need to do is rush a player back too early for too long a match period.

    I wouldn't put it past Eddie to play with 3 centre halves using Burn as the third and Tino at left back.

    I think this would scupper forests wing pace and still offer us a route to 3 points.
    As much as some think Burn is susceptible to pacey wingers (which he obviously can be) he's also a major cog defensively and offensively, especially at set pieces both defensively and offensively.

    Wilson up front and time for a youngster to try and impact the game later on. Maybe Ben Parkinson.
    It's not ideal I know but we may see change like this, or I could be totally wrong which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

    Just thinking out loud.
    Yeah, I like the sound of your idea, Barnes off the bench, we cannot risk him hurting another toe and I trust Miggy and Murphy 100% against these. I know BDB is getting flack but he is in my mind a centre half being asked to play out of position he is an asset and I will never attack him. 3 CBs and Tino almost like a 3-5/6-2/1 (only 1 forward though) to negate the threat. 3 points is a must today.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    46,376
    Just can't trust a thing Eddie says

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •