+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scotland robbed by ref

Scotland robbed by ref

I'd take away all video VAR and let the ref make a mess of things. No action replays, no slow motion replays, no different camera angles. Rugby is being spoilt by technology, in just the same way as football is imo.

It was more than likely a try but I thought correct decision as it wasn't completely conclusive.

Am I right in thinking if ref had given try then Scotland would have got benefit of doubt ?

To be honest though Scotland's negativity cost them.

Yes. Ref gives the not move their feet out of the way. video ref has to back him up because there is no clear evidence that it was held up. This trying to support the ref is where everything goes wrong. Technology is ruining rugby at the highest levels. Club rugby is still the same, massive disagreements but no lawyers trying to prove anything. I think they should remove the presumption that the ref is right. Let video ref make the final decision and let the chips fall as they may.
    Football also needs to sort out the hand ball rules. In hockey, players play for a penalty hit by aiming at their opponents feet if they are in the penalty area. No excuse that they could not move their feet out of the way. The ball played them. I'd give every hand ball in the football penalty area as a penalty. So what if there are more goals from the penalty spot. At least the ref would not have to make a decision. Wonder who has the biggest gap between handball penalties given for and the number given against.
    Totally agree. Scotland actually played the tactics that the French wanted. Understand ball was wet and difficult to handle but we didn't look confident in moving away from the kicking game.

Rugby is keech so who cares? 100,000 people who dress in kilts and who drag out their brand new Scotland rugby tops for the weekend of an international but never watch a club game then say football fans are poofters? Two faced cnuts all of them, worse than 'The Tartan Army' Jimmy wig wearing fannies. Rugby players nibble other mens' ears and grab their nads - gay as feck. Tory, public school basturds all of them - fagging is still alive and kicking in the rugby fraternity - fkn posh weirdos

And anyway, who can make any sense of the rules of that game? Nae cnut.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Rugby is keech so who cares? 100,000 people who dress in kilts and who drag out their brand new Scotland rugby tops for the weekend of an international but never watch a club game then say football fans are poofters? Two faced cnuts all of them, worse than 'The Tartan Army' Jimmy wig wearing fannies. Rugby players nibble other mens' ears and grab their nads - gay as feck. Tory, public school basturds all of them - fagging is still alive and kicking in the rugby fraternity - fkn posh weirdos

And anyway, who can make any sense of the rules of that game? Nae cnut.
    Think crowd was 68,000 and probably a third french.

I do enjoy the aggressive singing of ( I was away to call it a national anthem but Scotland ain't really a nation and it's not an anthem ) flower of Scotland by females in the crowd, usually face painted, half tanned on lager and spraying phlegm in all directions.

I think they think they are some sorta female warrior queen, Bodicea, Cleopatra, woman AFF of Game of thrones, when in fact they are Janice from reception.

I do like rugby though.

Wish they wud get a better system than scrum though, equivalent to a free kick in football with refs fancying about with tins of spray......AHH this set, bind, then fall Doon nonsense wastes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Think crowd was 68,000 and probably a third french.

I do enjoy the aggressive singing of ( I was away to call it a national anthem but Scotland ain't really a nation and it's not an anthem ) flower of Scotland by females in the crowd, usually face painted, half tanned on lager and spraying phlegm in all directions.

I think they think they are some sorta female warrior queen, Bodicea, Cleopatra, woman AFF of Game of thrones, when in fact they are Janice from reception.
    68,000 at the game but the pubs get rammed with ones that have never seen a rugby match and as you say mostly females with beta males in tow.

Was in Molly Malone's from 3pm yesterday, half the fowk there were dressed in Scotland rugby tops and were getting all het up when Scotland were attacking - so I let out a huge yeeeeeesssssssss when France scored the winning try, just to pi55 them all off - got some nasty looks from the weemin I can tell you whilst their beta males burst into tears. The auld alliance is still alive and kicking in my mind so I felt it right and fair to celebrate French success.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I'd take away all video VAR and let the ref make a mess of things. No action replays, no slow motion replays, no different camera angles. Rugby is being spoilt by technology, in just the same way as football is imo.
    Scotland weren't robbed by the ref. He made an honest decision as most refs do.

There was no conclusive proof the ball was grounded, accepted by Scotland players and staff as they felt they were to blame for not scoring more points and making it irrelevant.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)