+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa v manoooo

Villa v manoooo

Who we rooting for ? Rightly or wrongly I would hope for a Man U win which would bring Villa closer to us on points. We can’t let them get too far ahead of us. Goes against my grain but hey ho,

Other way round, for me.

Villa are 10 points ahead of us already...they're gone, man. Man U, however, are just 2 points ahead of us. 5th is absolutely beyond us but 6th is a distinct possibility if we continue to get players back.

I guess a Villa win makes more sense. And yet, I've a funny feeling they might implode. 10 points is a hell of a lot, though.
    Villa win or draw for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OwdBillCook View Post
    I guess a Villa win makes more sense. And yet, I've a funny feeling they might implode. 10 points is a hell of a lot, though.
    Villa win or draw for me.

I was hoping for a draw which looks favourite now. (Manure gone ahead as I write) Although they are both ahead of us , either can and will likely go on a long bad run, as we did.

We still have major player to return so I don't think they are both out of touching distance.

We needed that win against Luton to give us a chance. Extremely difficult to get Villa now but not impossible. Would take a mammoth effort but unlikely for both Man U and Villa to both implode.

Still 14 games left so who knows.

Worth noting Spurs are only a point above Villa. It would be very Spursy for them to melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Worth noting Spurs are only a point above Villa. It would be very Spursy for them to melt.
    Spuds, like Arse-anal and Manure always seem to have extensive bad blips at times. I hope we've had our only one.

Not so sure that Villa won’t have a massive dip in form. 5th-6th will probably very close at the end of the season.

Yep - that was a great win for ManU. I think Villa could face a dip (how much is the question). Spurs are Spurs.
    Obviously we need to only worry about us winning. We are getting stronger now,I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Yep - that was a great win for ManU. I think Villa could face a dip (how much is the question). Spurs are Spurs.
    Obviously we need to only worry about us winning. We are getting stronger now,I feel.
    Indeed Topster, Spurs be Spurs, Ange is doing a great job but you can't stop the tide and you can't stop Spurs being Spurs.

I'll give the man a round of applause but let's see how he gets on next season. The '2nd Season Syndrome' is 100% real. We're experiencing it now.

Eddie Howe is proving why he's the man to take us forward and doing such a great job against all the odds & challenges thrown at him/us.

Could things have been better this season for NUFC? Yes, of course. Could they have been worse? Yeah we could be in a relegation fight with the amount of injuries we've suffered.
    Other managers would have recalled Hendrick instead of giving Miley a chance to shine for example.

We'll recruit well again in the summer regardless of where we finish. The players we are after are of the model of a Brighton, not a Chelsea. Next season we should see a more complete 'Howe' team more of his type of players.

Tino will be more present in the team next year, Tonali back from Suspension. Willockinho & J7 raring to go.
    We all know we need another striker, someone who will be fit for 20+ games a season.
    However it's all looking good for NUFC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)