+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What is it about?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,916

    What is it about?

    Crystal palace and our keepers?
    First they take Johnstone and now they want Griffiths?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,909
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Crystal palace and our keepers?
    First they take Johnstone and now they want Griffiths?

    Was not too bothered when Johnstone went and donít rate Griffiths highly and had Palmer played against Wolves the result could have been different.

    I would not be happy if Palmer left as for me heís in a different class to Griffiths and better than Johnstone. Yesterday Palmer was brilliant again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,904
    Palmer just keeps on improving. His talents will not have gone unobserved and I just hope we can hang onto him for as long as possible. I would not be fussed if Griffiths moved on but who would step up to take his place and what are they like?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,916
    I agree with Palmer being the best but donít you find it strange that Palace keep poaching OUR keepers?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,909
    Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I agree with Palmer being the best but donít you find it strange that Palace keep poaching OUR keepers?

    Donít forget Nathan Ferguson who saw the bright lights and left us too for Palace. Another injury croc and think heís made one appearance there in 3 years. Makes you like Fellows even more not just for his talent but keeping his feet on the ground.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,262
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Don’t forget Nathan Ferguson who saw the bright lights and left us too for Palace. Another injury croc and think he’s made one appearance there in 3 years. Makes you like Fellows even more not just for his talent but keeping his feet on the ground.
    The dancing mascot Ferguson's his contract is up in the summer

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    455
    Personally I would like Griffiths to remain with us.

    Johnson was an excellent keeper. Think back and be honest and see how many Baggies fans wanted him to be replaced by Button a few seasons ago. They got their wish and how we suffered as a club.

    I think we have two, possibly three great keepers and we need to keep each of them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,916
    Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Donít forget Nathan Ferguson who saw the bright lights and left us too for Palace. Another injury croc and think heís made one appearance there in 3 years. Makes you like Fellows even more not just for his talent but keeping his feet on the ground.
    Ferguson was a talented academy player who unfortunately a bit like dike has had his career cut short.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    2,291
    Certainly Griffith is way behind Palmer, but he still shows potential and, if he does go, who replaces him? I can understand any second choice keeper taking a move if it means a chance of playing more first team football and if this is the case then Griffith will be tempted but it seems a big risk for us to take to agree to a move.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,789
    Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Personally I would like Griffiths to remain with us.

    Johnson was an excellent keeper. Think back and be honest and see how many Baggies fans wanted him to be replaced by Button a few seasons ago. They got their wish and how we suffered as a club.

    I think we have two, possibly three great keepers and we need to keep each of them.
    Sam Johnstone is a very good shot stopper who shook like a s hitting dog whenever the ball was crossed into the box from both open play and set pieces spreading panic amongst his defence and the crowd alike.

    He was not 'an excellent keeper' and strung the club along a treat wasting it's time by entering into negotiations over a new contract which he clearly had no intention of signing prior to becoming a free agent.

    While clearly a better keeper than Button his head was elsewhere by the time he was eventually dropped and Button did well initially.

    The only problem being once the playoffs were out of the question Palmer should have been given a run of games to better assess who should have been number one the following season.

    I'm sorry but Bruce keeping faith with Button over a more competent keeper in Palmer doesn't make Johnstone any better than he was for us 😀 .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •