+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why, tell me why.....

Why, tell me why.....

.....Is Vincent Kompany still Burnley Manager???

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    .....Is Vincent Kompany still Burnley Manager???
    Whilst I admit they are a slick outfit I’m afraid there is no excuse for not trying and no heart.

It would be easy to criticise the defence and just blame them but the midfield is slow statuesque and let’s runners go all the time - so when the defence ( also statuesque) look up and see a sea of yellow striding through the middle of the park un hindered or challenged (dragging the team bus ) (might as well have drove the bus through as well ).
    We are Amateurish in all we do I’m afraid. And at this level of football that isn’t acceptable under any circumstance.

We DO NOT compete - I’m afraid Brownhill isn’t a captain and doesn’t set a tone

This summed everything up for me yet again their keeper had nothing to do for the whole game and our first proper tackle was the 89th minute I believe where Rodriguez made two that he looked like he meant which was as good a summary as I can give.

Points -

1 - transition is slow
    2- we ball watch A lot
    3 - we do not compete
    4 - we get out fought - muscled
    5- we let runners go of the back of midfield and defence
    6- we do not communicate or 5 wouldn’t be happening
    7 - we don’t have aggression or heart in our play

8 - VK has to be answerable to some / all of the above - I can accept players teams being better than us - but just going through motions is robbery to us the fans who travel and pay to watch

As above NOT ACCEPTABLE

I have just watched Brownhill`s post mortem and he seems to think that the lads put the effort in but the quality was missing.I did not see any fight whatsoever except maybe Fofana and Jayrod when he came on.The rest of the team, their heads went down after the first goal.
    I am with you on Brownhill-he is a grafter but never Captain material.Therein lies the problem-who is captain material in our team?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post

who is captain material in our team?
    only Muric, he is the only player with presence, I've said it before. We are not a team, just a bunch of talented but disparate players.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    only Muric, he is the only player with presence, I've said it before. We are not a team, just a bunch of talented but disparate players.
    That is a very good observation Chris.But can we have a captain on the bench? Surely he deserves a starting place after that debacle today.Trafford also looks totally indifferent to the amount of goals he is shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    That is a very good observation Chris.But can we have a captain on the bench? Surely he deserves a starting place after that debacle today.Trafford also looks totally indifferent to the amount of goals he is shipping.
    I’m afraid CIB you can’t blame Trafford for any of the goals today.

Shambolic.

Ramsey, Delcroix, & Esteve are nowhere near EPL quality.

The rest of our "Lionhearts" would have left Richard in the field to take on two thousand screaming Dervishes on his own.

I turned round after the 5th goal went in to say how pathetic we are but they had all left.

We sat back and watched Arsenal totally dictate the game, we never once got in their faces

Kompany is bloody clueless, he surely can't keep his position. The situation is now becoming an embarrassment to the club and supporters a like

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I’m afraid CIB you can’t blame Trafford for any of the goals today.
    I am not blaming him Army.I can just sense his apathy when he picks the ball out of the onion bag numerous times week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Whilst I admit they are a slick outfit I’m afraid there is no excuse for not trying and no heart.

It would be easy to criticise the defence and just blame them but the midfield is slow statuesque and let’s runners go all the time - so when the defence ( also statuesque) look up and see a sea of yellow striding through the middle of the park un hindered or challenged (dragging the team bus ) (might as well have drove the bus through as well ).
    We are Amateurish in all we do I’m afraid. And at this level of football that isn’t acceptable under any circumstance.

This summed everything up for me yet again their keeper had nothing to do for the whole game and our first proper tackle was the 89th minute I believe where Rodriguez made two that he looked like he meant which was as good a summary as I can give.

Points -

1 - transition is slow
    2- we ball watch A lot
    3 - we do not compete
    4 - we get out fought - muscled
    5- we let runners go of the back of midfield and defence
    6- we do not communicate or 5 wouldn’t be happening
    7 - we don’t have aggression or heart in our play

8 - VK has to be answerable to some / all of the above - I can accept players teams being better than us - but just going through motions is robbery to us the fans who travel and pay to watch

As above NOT ACCEPTABLE
    I agree today was very very poor - but i think in general we do compete - we do put the effort in and have been competitive in a lot of the matches we have lost.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)