+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solanke

Solanke

He wouldn’t be a bad buy if we could get him without getting rode.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    He wouldn’t be a bad buy if we could get him without getting rode.
    Isak, another similar level striker and Solanke and I'd agree. Not who we should be looking at for our second choice, imo.

How much did that Jackson lad cost at Chelsea? Strikers that score goals in the premier league seem to be hard to come by?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    How much did that Jackson lad cost at Chelsea? Strikers that score goals in the premier league seem to be hard to come by?
    30.1m

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Isak, another similar level striker and Solanke and I'd agree. Not who we should be looking at for our second choice, imo.
    For me it's a massive NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

120 Premier League appearances, 24 Premier leagues. If you think we need a 1 in 5 striker, you fellas and I have a different opinion of what the clubs needs to get to the next level.

We're looking at this through the eyes of fans with broken toys, looking at another kids shiny, fully functioning toy. He's valued at around £30million quid. He is essential to Bournemouth's survival/existence in the Premier League. They will demand £45-50milllion for him without doubt.

This is the only season he has broken double figures. Last season he player 33 scored 6, a goal every 5.5 games. Throw me £100 grand a week and I'll give you those kinds of numbers or die trying! haha

I know we're all pi$$ed about Wilson never being fit and Isak suffering a repeated groin from coming back to early because Wilson is always injured but everyone needs to take their rose tinted glasses off and look at the cold hard facts. This guy didn't cut it at Liverpool. We are trying to compete with Liverpool, City & Arsenal in that bracket. Donkey Sloth-anke ain't that man, even on a free.

Might as well set that money of Fire because at no point has this guy exhibited the kind of consistency required to dictate that kind of money.

https://www.premierleague.com/player...ts?co=1&se=489

Name:  Solanke.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  19.5 KB

Whilst Rag has said it was more fact than I would - I agree with him.

Not sure he is the one for me.

For a moment there Zipz I thought you were saying Solanke & Isak were on a level! haha
    Glad I re-read that a few times in, what I imagine your voice sounds like chief! hahaha

Problem is as a 3rd he ain't gonna be cheap. If it was a end of contract signing or up to £15m I think he's the prefect replacement for Sick note Wilson, who, after this latest & most nonsense of all his injuries, I've reached the end of my patience with. Pulled a chest muscle wrestling a defender. I mean, the fella is 31, supposed to be a cunning old fox in the box. He should know better than to mix it with a dude who's as powerful if not stronger and younger than him.

If poss, the club has to punt him in the summer for £10m + anything over 10 is good business. Thanks for your service Cal but you can't stay fit you a passenger at this point.

We do indeed need someone who is at Isak's level. I really like the Benjamin Šeško lad we tried to get last season. He's only score 6 in 19 this season which isn't the same sort of white hot form he showed in Saltsburg last but offers something more approaching a between the posts No.9 style striker.

We absolutely need that in our arsenal of weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Glad I re-read that a few times in, what I imagine your voice sounds like chief! hahaha .

Somewhere between Mickey Mouse and Barry White.

Tbh, I don't really want him-I think he's another Leon Best but he'd be ok as a third-choice (which he wouldn't accept and why should he)

Somewhere between Mickey Mouse and Barry White.

Tbh, I don't really want him-I think he's another Leon Best but he'd be ok as a third-choice (which he wouldn't accept and why should he)
    In ma heed ya sound like a Geordie Barry Manilow haha.

I couldn't quite find the comparison, Leon Best is exactly right man! Bang on that's his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    In ma heed ya sound like a Geordie Barry Manilow haha.

I couldn't quite find the comparison, Leon Best is exactly right man! Bang on that's his level.
    Barry Manilow...ffs, man. 🤣🤣🤣

I teach kids whose parents are doctors, lawyers, that sort of catchment area. One of the dads said that he was told his son, who was auditioning for the part of a local child for a TV drama, sounded too posh ..so he told his son to listen to how I speak and copy it. 🤣🤣🤣

Funnily enough, he's not a local, this fella, but he said he could tell I was from Fenham by my accent and that West End sounds very different (to him) from, say Wallsend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)